38

"I was surprised when you asked me to come to your parent's house. Should I be worried?" Ivan asks as he drives to Mila's parent's house.

Mila looks back at Remi to see her asleep in her car seat.

"No, it's not serious." Mila lies as she looks at the road.

Ivan glanced at her before looking back at the road. It takes several more minutes until they reach Mila's parent's place. Parking in front of the house, Ivan turns off the car and gets out along with Mila. Ivan goes to the backseat and carefully unbuckles Remi while Mila waits patiently for them.

Ivan holds Remi carefully before picking up the diaper bag. He swiftly the kick the door shut with his foot before walking towards the front door beside Mila. She felt pretty nervous about what her parents would say when they see Ivan. Of course, they were going to ask questions but it still made her nervous. Especially since she doesn't know how Ivan would respond to them.

She can't tell her parents that she left because Ivan is a dangerous criminal. They would send her to a mental asylum for sure.

When they get to the front of the door Mila hesitates before knocking on the door. Remi wakes up still tired as she rests her head against Ivan's shoulder. When the door opens, her mother was there to greet her. She smiles until her eyes fall onto Ivan.

"Oh, it's Ivan. We haven't seen you in such a long time. Oh please come in." Her mother says with a smile as she makes room for them.

Ivan places Remi on the floor as he begins to take off his jacket. Before he can take it off, Remi whines as she tugs on his black jeans. Quickly he picks her up holding her as he rubs her back.

Mila hugs her mother as she asks her mother about her day. She have to admit, she hadn't seen her parents in months and she hated it. She already knew that when she got home she would mark dates on her calendar to visit her parents.

As they pull away her mother talks about the garden she had put up in the backyard as she walks Mila to the dining room. Ivan follows behind them to hear chattering. Walking into the dining room, Mila says hi to everyone which they all say back. As the kids run out of the dining room, Ivan enters causing the room to go silent.

"Ivan is the guy you're seeing? Since when?" Michelle asks her.

Mila clears her throat as she sits down at the chair at the end of the table. Ivan says hi to Mila's father and sister before sitting down beside Mila. Remi sat on his lap as she close her at the bright lights.

"Remi, it's nana." Mila's mother says as she softly nudges Remi's sides.

Remi shifted causing Mila's mother to sigh quietly.

"I sense a spoiled brat in the future." Mila's mother jokes causing Mila to shake her head.

"As long as Ivan is around she is not leaving his side. Did you guys already start eating?" Mila asks them.

"Yeah but there's some food in the kitchen that Leon is bringing out." Mila's father tells her.

Mila nods as she let out a shaky breath. Ivan glanced over at her before looking back at her family. Michelle is the one to speak up.

"So, how did you two rekindle? It's been what, two years?" She asks them.

"Three but we met, at the park. After telling him about Remi and he wanted to spend more time with her. Things just happened and now we're together." Mila lies with a sweet smile as she places her hand over Ivan's.

He looks at her confused.

"Wha-"

Mila kicks his knee discreetly under the table causing him to groan softly. He glares at her for a while as she ignores it. Patting his hand, Mila gasps loudly.

"Ma and dad, your anniversary is coming up. What are you two doing?" Mila asks them to change the topic.

Her mother sighs loudly. "Honestly, we saved up enough to go to the Dominican Republic. Oh, it's going to be lovely." Her mother says with a bright smile.

Leon walks in with the food, and when his eyes find Ivan he almost stops in his tracks. Clearing his throat, he places the food on the table before looking at the three.

"Ivan?"

"They're back together hun. So what new care he bought for you this time? Or did he buy you something else?" Michelle asks Mila.

Mila wanted to groan as the attention was back on her. Instead, she just shrug her shoulders as she let out a nervous chuckle.

"Our relationship isn't just materialistic. He doesn't have to buy me anything, him being himself is just enough." Mila tells him.

Ivan turns to Mila's mother before giving her a faint smile.

"Do you mind if you hold her for a second? We'll be right back." He says as he picks Remi up.

"Oh, I don't mind at all. I haven't seen her in so long actually." Her mother says as she carefully grabs a sleeping Remi.

Ivan grabs Mila's hand before standing up. As Ivan takes Mila outside the dining room, he walks them out of the house. Opening the door before speed walking towards the car. Mila stumbles a few times before harshly whispering Ivan's name out.

The grip on her hand was tight and it was a bit painful. Reaching the back of the car away from the sight of the windows, he pushes her towards the car. Her back hit the front of the trunk. His hands slam down on the hood, trapping her right in front of him.

"You're using me," Ivan states, a smirk appearing on his face.

Mila groans loudly as Ivan tilts his head to the side, mischief in his eyes.

"Technically-"

"Are we back together Mila?" He asks getting closer to her.

Mila cleared her throat. "Not really-"

"Then what's stopping me from going in there and telling them we're not together, mhm?" He asks her.

Mila scoffs loudly.

"Are you serious?" She asks him.

She forgot how much of a nuisance Ivan could be at times. She wanted to make her sister look stupid, but she knew very well Ivan would ruin it all. Maybe it was karma but either way, she couldn't let that happen.

"Dead serious. Should I go now-"

"What about our deal?" She asks reminding him.

"Well obviously now you have to spend the whole day with me."

Mila roll her eyes as she pushes him away from her gently. He stumbles back smirking as she sighs loudly.

"Fine."