43

Mila tried to wait for Ivan to leave. But when her stomach started to growl she thought to risk the embarrassment and walk right out. When she ripped the blanket away from her face she sat up. Ivan leans on the doorframe while his arms were crossed over his chest.

Her eyes become wide. She looks away almost immediately, not wanting to stare at Ivan no more. He tilt his head as she lay back down on the bed. She groans loudly as she stares up at the ceiling.

"I was supposed to keep Remi overnight. You didn't have to sneak out either-"

"Ivan you are very capable to grab her diaper bag and take her if you want for tonight. Thank you for asking-"

"But I wasn't asking." He says as he takes a step away from the doorframe. "And I wasn't done talking Mila." He speaks before closing the door shut with a bang.

Mila sits up just as she hears the harsh sound of the door. She open her mouth to speak but Ivan beat her to it.

"You've been getting on my nerves lately. First, it was attempting to go on a date with an idiot, then using me to make your sister jealous I suppose, and last night." He pauses letting out a big breath.

She bites her bottom lip as he stalks toward her. His eyes never left her.

"What do you think I should do to you?" He asks finally standing beside her. He looks down at her while Mila scoff quietly.

"Ivan I'm not one of your little-"

His hand immediately goes to her neck. His hand wrapped around her neck as he pull her to him. She gasp loudly at his harsh grip as her hands wrap around his wrists. Desperately she tries to pull them away but it was no use. His other hand grabs a handful of her hair and he wraps it around his fists.

"You right Mila. You're not one of my little friends. Because they know better and I don't give them chance after chance. I'm starting to think you forgot who the fuck you're talking to." He says letting his grip get a little tighter.

Mila wince as her vision starts to go slightly blurry.

"I-Ivan-"

"You're lucky my princess is in the other room. Next time I'll fuck you until you learn your lesson." He says a little too calmly for Mila's liking before letting her go.

She immediately places her hand on her neck, and she holds it carefully and gently as she coughs just a bit. Ivan let go of her hair and walk to the door. She watch him leave, flustered and surprised.

Mila gently turns Remi's head to the side as she begins to braid her hair. Kate sits on the other side of the couch as the three watch a comedy. Mature enough for them and appropriate for Remi to watch. But the toddler was too busy on the tablet that Ivan bought for her with her bunny ears headphones on.

Kate takes a sip of water before placing the plastic bottle on the floor.

"You're a little too quiet. Is everything okay?" Kate asks stretching her feet.

It has been a whole day. Kate has just got home from work and Mila had a video chat with her latest clients who decided to go to another events planner. Mostly because the other person was much cheaper than Mila. These sorts of things happen so she didn't care about it too much.

She was quite relieved they decided to go to another planner. Her mind has been too occupied by Ivan. Lately, it has only been Ivan that she thinks about in the middle of the night. And yesterday didn't help her at all.

Nonetheless, Mila just shrug her shoulders with a small smile.

"Nothing just thinking." She tells Kate.

"About what?"

"Nothing important." She answers quickly.

Kate raises one of her eyebrows before gasping out loud. Mila side-eyes her before focusing on Remi's hair.

"Is this about Ivan?" Kate questions her.

Mila shakes her head. "Why would it be about him?"

"Well because yesterday when he slammed the door I was going to get the bat and start swinging. But then I remembered the man got a whole Glock in his pants but you know my parents didn't raise any bitch. Anyways, I was going to walk in but I overheard the conversation just a little-"

"Kate, you were eavesdropping?" Mila asks with her eyes widening.

"Wasn't eavesdropping. It just got me off guard. But damn, if Thomas said that to me I'll be right on top of him in a heartbeat. This must be hard for you since you haven't you know, done it for a long time." Kate says watching her words.

Mila sighs loudly.

"It's hard Kate. Freaking hard. I don't want to do anything with him but it's hard. Especially since I already know what it is like with him."

"He never disappoints? Like it wasn't one time he like was off his game?" She asks Mila.

Mila thinks for a few seconds.

"No, not really. Ugh, we need to stop and talk about something else." She tells Kate.

"Fine, let's talk about my job. You love my juicy work gossip." Kate confidently says causing Mila to chuckle.