32

Merry Christmas,
This is a little treat for all my readers. ☺️❤️

Mila sneezes into the tissue before groaning loudly. Kate looks at the thermometer with a hospital mask on causing Mila to roll her eyes at Kate being dramatic.

"It's not that serious Kate," Mila says as her nose was stuffed.

"You have a cold. I can't afford to miss a day off because of your illness. Are you okay to be here by yourself?" Kate asks.

Mila nod while Remi runs towards Kate, her little arms wrapping around Kate's leg.

"Have a good day at daycare." Mila smiles before sneezing once again.

Kate pick up Remi, running out of the room as if Mila had some disease. Mila despite not feeling well, laugh it off before looking up at the ceiling. She groans before rubbing her nose.

She hated getting sick. She wraps the blanket around her body before getting up. Deciding to be somewhat productive, she makes herself a cup of ginger tea. She waits for the silver kettle to start making its obnoxious noise before pouring it into her dark pink mug.

Taking in a deep breath to smell the deliciousness, she takes a sip of it just as someone starts to knock on the door. She coughs just a bit before telling the person the door is open.

Walking inside, Ivan comes taking off his jacket. Mila groans once more before waddling back on the couch.

"Ivan seriously, come back another time." She speaks groggy before taking a long sip of her tea.

Ivan goes towards her and tilts his head.

"You're sick?"

"Ivan." Mila sniffed before placing her mug of tea down on the coffee table.

She sits on the couch before blowing into the tissue. Ivan scrunches his face up before kicking the door close, taking off his shoes he walks over to her before sitting down. He turns to her and lets out a huff.

"Want some soup?" Ivan asks her.

"I'll just puke it out," Mila says before letting out a loud breath.

As much as she wanted to kick him out she didn't have the energy for it. The two sit in silence before Ivan speaks once again.

"Want to watch a movie?" He asks her.

"Don't you have someone to shoot or something?" Mila asks him rather than answering.

Ivan chuckles as he rolls up his sleeves. "Not today. I'm serious about the movie though."

"Don't expect anything from this. It's just us watching a movie." She clarifies.

Ivan smirks as he runs his fingers through his hair. "I don't have sex with sick women anyways."

"Ha, ha." Mila sarcastically says before sneezing.

"I'm cold," Ivan states as he lay on the other end of the couch.

Mil squeezes her eyes shut in annoyance as she lies on the other end. She sit up along with Ivan who was smirking, amused at the situation.

"Then get a blanket from my room." Mila grit through her teeth.

"We can always cuddle-"

"No," Mila says before laying down.

"Wasn't you the one who said cuddling has nothing to do with being sexual?"

"Your idea of cuddling is sexual. That's how I got pregnant in the first place." Mila groans softly.

Ivan let out a loud groan causing Mila to slam her hand down on the couch.

"Fine you big baby!" Mila shouts before laying on her back as she crosses her arms over her chest.

In a blink, Ivan is right behind her as his head rests on the armrest of the couch and his arm wrapped around her body. Placing the comforter over their bodies, Mila immediately feels the heat from him.

"I'm sick and you're the one fussy." Mila points out to him.

Ivan just shrugs his shoulders. "You're just stubborn. Now rest, you look like shit."

"I don't trust you to be awake when I'm asleep," Mila tells him.

"Don't be an idiot Mila," Ivan speaks as he pulls her closer to him.

She rolls her eyes again before placing her head on his chest. She closes her eyes as they begin to get heavier by the second. Her breathing calms down as silence fills the room.

Ivan moves a strand of her hair and push it behind her ear before dropping his finger down to her face. His fingers gently caress her skin as he stares down at her. Mila's eyes open and goes straight to his eyes.

Their eyes bore into one another as they stare at one another for what felt like an eternity. Mila notice how older he had gotten in the few years they had been separated.

"You should be sick more often." He says as their legs intertwine with each other.

Instead of replying Mila close her eyes as she let out a sneeze. Immediately Ivan sits up and looks down at his chest. He groans causing Mila to laugh.

"I'm sorry." She says in between her laughs as Ivan looks down at his shirt.

"This was fucking expensive." He groans softly.

"It's just a shirt. Take it off and grab a shirt from my dresser. I buy oversized ones, I'm sure one of them can fit." Mila tells him.

"So thoughtful." Ivan sighed before taking off the shirt over his head.

He gets off the couch and walks to the back while Mila closes her eyes. Ivan doesn't come back until a few minutes later with a black shirt on. He goes to Mila and lay down behind her.

He notice that she was already asleep but he didn't care as he wrap his arms around her and place his head inside the crook of her neck. Silence fills the room once again as they sleep peacefully.