14

It had been seven days since Mila saw Ivan. Every day he slowly stop sending her texts and calling her. And today, he hasn't sent her one text or called her. It was like he just gave up. Which she was slightly upset about. She was upset that another guy she finally started to like was like the rest.

They weren't together but she never liked the 'dating more than one person's idea. She should've asked him if they were dating. Or at least getting to know one another. She wanted to be exclusive with someone. Do not share a guy with some other girl. Let alone probably some girl he met at the club that same night.

Mila finishes her makeup in the bathroom. Today her long-time friend, Nicholas was visiting her. The two have been friends since they were in diapers and she had been meaning to see him for a long time.

Nicholas decided to take Mila to Berne's. A restaurant that was on the expensive side. The bill is typically outrageously high and there's a dress code. Mila had to put on a dress, short and black. Nothing too seductive and gave some expression that it wasn't cheap. It's a fitted and strapped dress. She wears a diamond necklace with a ring on her middle finger.

Mila walks out of her room and put on her black trench coat. With the diamond earrings she had which were a present from Nicholas, she grab her small purse that just had her phone, perfume, a small bottle of lotion, and her apartment keys.

Mila locks the bottom lock of her door before leaving out. She walks carefully down the stairs and out of the complex. There Nicholas stood with a smile. Mila smiled big as she walks towards him before giving him a big hug. Nicholas hugs her back just as tight before pulling away.

"Wow, you look amazing."

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

"Well, we should get going before they give up our seats." Nicholas laugh.

Nicholas opens the door for Mila. Mila climbs in and lets him close the door. Nicholas gets in the car and sighs.

"So I hear the food is amazing."

"Same, but do you know how expensive it is?"

"Don't worry about prices. Just enjoy my amazing existence."

"Ugh gross. I'm jumping out of the car."

Nicholas laughs as he drives off.

The hostess guide Nicholas and Mila up the stairs. When the three reach the top, the hostess gives them the table next to the glass border that gave them the chance to look down at the first level. Mila sits down first while Nicholas sits across from her.

The hostess places the menus in front of them and tells them that their waiter or waitress will be with them shortly. She walks away from them leaving Mila and Nicholas alone. The piano plays throughout the restaurant.

"They go all out huh," Mila asks looking down to see other people eating and dining.

"Yep. I took Shay out to a place like this when I proposed."

Mila looks back up at him and gasps.

"Let me see the ring. It was about time you finally proposed to that girl."

Nicholas chuckles as pulls out his phone. He goes to his camera and pulls up the picture of his soon-to-be wife and her ring. He turn the phone so Mila could see.

Looking at the beautiful diamond ring she gasps once again.

"That's so beautiful."

Nicholas smiled as he pulls his phone back into his pocket.

"It cost a lot too. How have you been? I didn't see you on thanksgiving."

"Oh I've been okay and I know. I didn't feel like flying down there this year. But maybe this Christmas."

"Your parents always talk about you. You should call them more."

"I've been busy lately but I will soon. How have you been Mr.Lawyer?"

"It's kinda stressful. Luckily I pulled some strings so I have a few days off. Which I took the time to come see you."

"You should've bought Shay."

"Shay... Shay is pregnant."

Mila's jaw dropped. "Pregnant?"

"Yeah, the morning sickness been killing her so she decided to stay home. But she told me to tell you that she says hi."

"Well, congratulations. How many weeks is she?"

"Twelve."

"I'm so proud of you, you're becoming a family man." Mila smiles.

Nicholas sighed taking a deep breath.

"I'm ready to finally settle down. But what about you? When are you going to settle down and start a family?"

"Me?" Mila scoff. "I'm better off alone." Mila chuckles.

"Ugh, you sound so lonely and sad." Nicholas groans throwing his head.

"I'm not though." Mila laughs. "I'm kinda happy right now."

"Well if my Mila is happy then I'm happy. Speaking about happiness, I bought you an early Christmas present which you will not be opening until Christmas."

"You tease." Mila fake pouts as she looks down at the menu.

Her eyes widen at the prices of just the drinks alone. Before she can speak, Nicholas beat her to it.

"I'll be in the bathroom, if the server comes tell them that I want the champagne."

Mila nods as he stands up and walks down the stairs. Mila sighs loudly as her eyes look across the menu once again. She didn't know what she wanted to eat. She thought about buying the cheapest thing which was a bowl of caviar. 

Hearing the chair being pulled, Mila look up. Her eyes caught piercing blue eyes.