22

"Remember to call me when you get to the hotel," Mila tells her parents as they leave her apartment.

"Of course dear." They say before closing the door.

Ivan was on the floor as he texting on his phone while Michelle's daughter, Sonya was braiding his hair. The two boys currently playing a game on the table as Michelle and Leon were helping put up the food.

Mila goes to them and smiles at them.

"You two don't have to"

"It's totally fine, we do this all time anyways. Plus we're about to leave." Michelle tells her with a smile.

"Can we stay with auntie Mila and uncle Ivan?" Sonya asks as she runs to her parents.

The words Uncle and Ivan put together almost made Mila's eyes widen.

"You have to ask your aunt if it's okay."

Sonya looks up at Mila with her adorable brown eyes.

"Auntie Mila, can we stay with you?" She asks her.

"Why not?" Mila says.

"Remember you three need to be on your best behavior," Michelle tells her kids.

"We will." They all speak in unison.

Ivan stands up and slips his phone into his back pocket.

"We'll pick them up no later than eight."

Mila let out a tired sigh as she close her door halfway. The kids were sleeping due to the day of playing. She walks to the living room to see Ivan on the couch. She goes to him before sitting down beside him.

"They're finally asleep." Mila sighs laying her head down on his shoulder.

"You must like kids." Ivan guesses.

Mila smiles as she sits up and turns to him. She runs her fingers through her hair and sigh.

"I always wanted kids. Three or four. A husband and a nice two-level family home."  Mila tells him.

Ivan chuckles as he leans and lets his hand touch Mila's thigh. He let his fingers run up and down her skin.

"You don't look like that type of woman." He tells her.

"Well, it's true. Do you want kids?" She asks him.

"I don't care for kids." He responds to her a little quickly for her liking.

"What does that mean?"

"It means... I don't care if I have a child or children. It's not worth stressing about. It's not worth my time." He tells her.

Mila fiddled with her fingers as she flicks her tongue over her lips.

"W-would you care if I want to have your child?" She asks him unsure of her question.

His finger stops as she finishes her sentence. Silence falls over them but all Mila can hear is her heart beating rapidly out of her chest. Ivan retreats his hand away and looks up at her with his intense blue eyes.

"Do you want to have my child?" Ivan questions her.

Mila shrugs her shoulders. It was a question that only have her making more questions. Mostly why's and when's.