Once we left the crime scene and we were far away from the sheriff, I slapped both their heads.
I said" You know what? I'm not even gonna blame either of you, I'm gonna blame Dean for sending you two out into the wild."
Cas said" We weren't that-"
" Hey, Jack, stepson?"
" Okay, Hazel."
Jack said" It slipped out."
I said" And your badge was upside down, which was very adorable but very amateur."
" I'm sorry."
" It's fine, Tiger. And you know, we don't usually outwardly say things like sulfur, or describe hex bags."
Cas said" Done yet?"
" Yep!" I smiled and walked ahead of them,
Jack said" She's irritated."
Cas said" Very. I believe it's became Sam and Dean benched her."
" They ditched her, Cas."
" Yes, I know."

It was night, we were at a cross roads,
Cas said" Well, if this is a demon, I know how to get answers. What are you doing?"
Jack said" I'm looking up Conner online. Like Sam always says, when in doubt, try social media."
" Oh, yeah. I did that once. There were so many cat photos, it was just... there were too many cats. Someone should be here."
" It says I need a parent or guardian's permission to join."
" You have my permission."
" I have his permission." As he looked at the pad, I dropped my head, shaking it.
A guy said" Sorry, lads. Shop's closed. No more deals." He showed his true eyes, I walked closer,
Cas said" We don't want to make a deal."
" Do tell. So how can Zack be of service?"
Jack said" Why is he talking like that?"
Cas said" I don't know."
Zack said" Because Zack has style."
Jack said" Who killed that boy in the alley downtown?"
Cas said" Was it a demon? Was it you?"
Zack said" No, and- wait, are- are angels solving people crimes now? Like Highway to Heaven but with murder or something? Because I-I would watch that show."
Jack said" Right. If you didn't do it, do you know who did?"
" No. I admire their work, but it's got nothing to do with us. Just some wacko. Humans, am I right?"
Cas said" So no one made a deal?"
" N-No one's making deals. Like, at all. Uh, Rowena has a hard people will end up where they belong philosophy. It can be nice, less quotas. But, like, look at me, uh, a crossroad's demon who can't bring in a deal? Like, wha- um, what even am I?"
" You're a deviant soul corrupted by Hell."
" Well, yeah, yes, but I-I mean more in, like a work life balance sense."
" Okay. We should go."
" No, wait, wait. Um, I-I-I-I could help. Do you need a driver, or... Come on. I'm bored out of my mind." We walked away,
Jack said" Sam was right. It's not a monster."
Cas said" Well, he was half right. Sometimes humans can be the worst kind of monsters."
" Yeah, but it's kind of not our thing. Guess we should just go back to the bunker and do nothing while we wait for Sam and Dean."
" No. No, we're gonna stay. We can help."
I said" Oh, great. We're gonna mess with real police business... fun."
" You could always go back to the bunker and wait for your brothers to return."
" Bite me, Cas." I walked to the door and got into the truck, Cas and Jack got in.

We were in the truck, Cas is on the phone with my brothers.
Cas said" Yeah, it would appear so. Focused. Agitated. We were with the police earlier, another woman has gone missing. Apparently, she and Connor were from the same church group. Okay, I understand." Dean so just said for us to split and definitely said for Jack to be the one to sign up, aka drink the kool aid." How's the search for Amara?" Then he looked at his phone,
I said" Now you know how I feel, Cas!" Cas looked at me," So, we really gonna send newbie to drink the kool aid? Because you know I'm not letting that happen." I let my eyes glow, then go black, he sighed, I blinked and they were back to normal.
——
I was invisible as I stood next to Jack as we walked into the place, I was holding his arm gently.
He said" Hello. Where can I find the kool aid?"
A girl said" What?" I touched the side of his face, closing my eyes, You want to join.
" I'm sorry. I mean, I want to join. To help. My name's Jack." He held out his hand for her to shake, ugh, I really need to teach him more, don't I? And I've learnt a few new tricks.
" Okay. Fill this out." He was handed a clip board,
" Is that the pastor? What's going on?"
" It was a prayer dedication for... one of our members just passed away."
" Were you close?"
" Come find me when you're done with the form." She walked away, Jack sat down, I sat next to him, Cas walked in.
Cas said" Hey."
Jack whispered" That way." Cas nodded, I smiled, then tousled Jack's hair," Hazel!" I smiled widely, giggling," You're supposed to be quiet." I held the side of his face, smiling, What's the fun in that, Jack?, he smiled a little.