flower boy two - nct renjun ft. doyoung

[18:13]

dinner's finished with the whole family and it's surprising just how well doyoung's managed to keep himself together and stable throughout the meal. it's evening and the sun's already set to perfectly with the outside view set in the dining area that he's reserved. he's finally grown enough courage throughout the months building up to tonight so it had to be special.

in a loud and clear voice, doyoung grabs everyone's attention by standing, raising his glass of wine in the air, "i'd like to make a toast. there's a whole speech and everything so everyone, prepare yourselves."

from the first day that you had met doyoung when you were children, elementary friends who pushed each other on the swings; that was where he began. doyoung names all the friends you shared together and recollects all the memories throughout the years of the two of you together. it was all very extremely sweet of him.

"and now by my side, she stands--well sits--but she's quite important to me," doyoung continues with his speech all while staring at you with those large round eyes of his and smiles, "which is why i'd like to ask if she'd like to be my partner... legally in the eyes of the firm."

your eyes widen as you find yourself heating up, tears welling in your eyes at his words. you throw your arms around your best friend and peck his cheek lightly, in a friendly manner, "oh my god, doyoung, thank you so much for this chance! i'd love to be partners at your firm!"

doyoung works at a law firm, working as one of the higher-ups and you were just looking for your next big break. now it's finally appeared right in front of you and you had the guy to thank for it. doyoung returns your smile, wrapping his arms around you and lifting your form off the ground, "you deserve every bit of it!"

your families celebrate and all of you have a wonderful time, talking, gossiping, laughing. it's almost too amazing, too much of a good time that your younger brother just had to ruin your mood with a single question, "hyung, when are you going to ask her to marry you?"

"hey! we're not even together!" you whisper across the table and doyoung begins to laugh beside you, "calm down, he's just a kid."

to your brother, doyoung lifts the corner of his lips, "i'll ask her when she's ready, but it doesn't seem like she wants to marry me."

you know he's only joking but you hit him anyways, adding too much pressure because at first he laughs but then grunts out an insult, "jesus, you're as strong as you had been back then, like a man."

"you're annoying," you say to him but doyoung pouts and leans towards you, whispering, "you're a pretty lady... but you're a hairy one."

that's how the night continues, the two of you, best friends, throwing insults back and forth as laughing along. you're not aware of it, but your families must have thought something was up because the women keep elbowing each other and pointing fingers to doyoung and you. doyoung is a friend though, that's all you saw him as, nothing more, nothing less; and you like it that way.

when everyone was gathering up their things and were ready to leave, doyoung stands, confused and puzzled as he reaches into his pocket over and over. he keeps looking around the table and dining area, wondering where it could have gone, "has anyone seen my key ring? i just bought an expensive one with a birthstone on it so it looks kind of fancy."