midnight kiss continued - ateez san

[12:13]

san nervously paces in front of room #326.

due to the shock that he had experienced, it didn't seem comfortable for him to deal with you.

so other nurses and doctors were in your room, trying to figure out a way, trying to figure out how you had exactly come back to life.

it was a miracle that you were alive.

the young doctor glanced down the halls to see the news reporters and journalists packed up behind the police officers blocking them.

your story had been all over the news.

but when you had woken up, you explained the story of how you relived november twenty-sixth over and over again.

you had told him that because of a single kiss, you were able to escape the repetition.

san inhales and holds his breath for a few seconds before letting it go.

a person breathes when they are alive, so when they stop breathing altogether, they die.

that was how it should have been.

how could you still exist right here and now?

then a voice calls out to the doctor.

"doctor choi? the patient keeps asking to see you. alone."

san's ears perk up as he approaches the door, clearing his throat before stepping in.

he bows to the staff and lets them exit, leaving only you and him.

"miss y/n, you asked for me? is there anything i could help—"

"kiss me."

you say, keeping your gaze settled on him.

"what? excuse me? did you just—"

the nervous, young doctor was baffled at your request.

"i need to know if you were the one who had helped me escape that nightmare."

you were practically pleading and begging as your glossy eyes shook with determination.

"n-no. i cannot do that. it's illegal. i am your doctor and you are my patient."

he seems nervous but he held his ground and stayed serious about the situation.

san wasn't sure what you were going on about and there was a huge chance you could have been loco.

however, regardless of it all, you didn't seem reckless or mental.

to him, at least.

there could always be more to your story that you hid away.

and all san wanted was to listen to your full story.

but perhaps you were crazy.

because the next thing the doctor notices is you pulling the tubes out of your arms and walking up to him.

he blinked at you and backed away slightly.

"you... what do you think you are doing?"

you leaned in close to san and held his face with your warm hands.

he felt as if he couldn't move.

or maybe he didn't want to move.

it was how the determination in your eyes danced around your shining pupils that told him you may have needed this more than anything.

it also told him you were definitely loco, but he didn't seem to think about that with your faces centimeters from each other.

"if you let me try this one time, i'll leave you alone."

you whisper as his eyes deeply stare into yours, shifting back and forth between your lips and eyes.

he was unsteady.

san felt unsteady with his beating heart jumping around like a child.

"okay."

and when your lips touched his, you swore the painful memories you held deep inside escaped your soul right then and there.

san carefully captures your lips as he brings his hands up to gently hold your neck.

he pushes more into you before you push him away, causing him to realize the situation.

the doctor is panting but quite ashamed of himself.

"it was you. you saved me."

you state, breathing heavily from the action.

san raises his brows, confusion piling onto his face as he steps away from you.

"it was me? i was the one who kissed you in your dream?"

you nodded furiously as you walked towards him, scaring the poor doctor more with your actions.

"yes, it was you. why did you do it? why did you kiss me?"

for the first time in his life, the boy who was always so talkative was speechless, unable to create words that would make sense to the human mind.

"i don't know? i've never seen you before."

he begins to awkwardly laugh as you get closer, closing the gap between you two.

"woah, woah. why don't you get some rest in your bed?"

"get some rest?"

you gasp loudly, remembering his words from that night.

you couldn't believe it was really him who had saved you.

the large smile on your face only brightens as you break his personal bubble and lean close to him.

san presses himself against the wall and blinks some more.

"wh-what about wooyoung? how are you sure he didn't save you?"

you cock your head at him and stitch your brows together.

"who's wooyoung?"

san realizes the situation and scoffs.

"oh, god. you're so loco you survived death."

• • •

to those who don't understand the story.

it was all made up in your mind because the doctor in your room when you had woken up was cute.

you were basically just loco.

except you're badass because you said "fuck no" to death after trying to kill yourself.

sMaRt.

there's no special/deep reason or meaning behind this story.

tbh we just really running out of ideas lol-