forever - ateez seonghwa

[21:29]

"why did you wait until the day you're leaving to tell me you were leaving me?!"

you shouted at him, turning away from your boyfriend to shelter your tear-stained cheeks from his view.

"if you must go so fucking bad then go!"

seonghwa blinked and called out your name but you didn't want to talk to him.

"if i don't go now then what about later on when we're a little older? did you think i wouldn't have to go at all?.."

he spoke, snaking his arms around your waist.

seonghwa laid his chin on your shoulder and tilted his head against yours.

"trust me, i don't want to go at all either."

you turned and he pulled your smaller frame against himself, holding you tight.

"a couple of years.. you couldn't wait a couple of years to go?"

"will it matter? i'm spending my life with you anyways, right? forever?"

you pulled yourself away from seonghwa and his lip quivered from the sudden movement.

"then go.. go right fucking now."

you said, dropping your gaze to the carpet below your feet before you lift your gaze to meet his starry eyes.

"go now and come back fast. i'll be waiting for our forever.. together."

seonghwa lifts the corners of his lips into a subtle smile of hope.

"i'll always come back to you. don't you worry, honey."

then he clutched your body against his skin as if you'll never see him again, careful not to hurt your stomach.

seonghwa places his forehead against yours and while you can hear his soft but heavy breathing, he can hear every skip of your heart beat.

you shut your eyes and let your senses absorb the ongoing moment so it never disappears.

"kiss me so i'll remember your lips."

• • •

those three years were the longest times of his life.

day by day, night by night, all he could think about was going back home to you.

seonghwa could not wait for your forever together.

he wanted to get a stable job as a manager and give you the best of all that you could have in life.

he wanted to marry you and have three kids, two girls and a boy.

so here he was, footsteps after one another, tracing his memories of your home all the way to your door.

seonghwa knocked once.

there was no answer.

he knocked two times, three times until the door opened at last.

but it wasn't you.

instead, it was a tall guy with slender eyes.

"what is it?"

the stranger asked nonchalantly

"who are you?"

"not telling but what do you want?"

he stays quiet because he wasn't sure of anything.

the guy scans seonghwa up and down before getting ready to shut the door.

"wait, does y/n still live here?"

there was a balloon full of hope in his voice that wasn't just ready to explode yet.

"don't know who that is but i heard that the former person who lived here lost part of her memories after being in a dangerous accident."

"what?! how did it happen? where is she now? i need to know."

"she's engaged, that's all she kept saying when people would try to talk to her."

the stranger explained and seonghwa could feel his heart drop a level in his chest.

he couldn't believe it, how could you be engaged?

what about forever?