[breakup series: nct dream] - chenle

[song; happier —> ed sheeran]

[18:24]

"h-hi—i mean hello. i'm here to take your daughter out for the night."

he stuttered out, sweaty socks and palms in mind as he nervously stands in front of her father.

"strange. you're one minute early."

her father stated before calling down his daughter.

"curfew, nine o'clock. don't try any funny business. i'm a cop."

chenle gulps, blush arising to his cheeks with a sheepish grin.

then she walks down the hall in the absolute most beautiful dress.

not too flashy, not too formal, but it was perfect to chenle.

she is so beautiful, was all he could think about in that moment, eyes gawking at her.

when they got into his car, chenle whispered the only thing on his mind.

"does funny business mean a kiss because that was what i was planning on going for and then your dad said he was a cop and i—"

she leaned over to place a soft kiss on his lips, the red on his cheeks even more visible now.

"he's not a cop."

she laughed and chenle blinked.

• • •

[02:38]

"lele, i miss you and our everything."

she cried through the phone, audible sobs ripping from her lungs.

it was the third time she'd call this week, wasted and crying her heart out, hoping he would do something about her pain.

but chenle knew there was absolutely nothing he could do to relieve all the heartache he's caused her.

"i know you're there, lele. will you please talk to me? just once, one word and then i'll never call again."

she repeated the same words over and over every single time the calls came, head empty, heart full.

but no matter what he did, even if he answered or not, she would never get over him.

so chenle stayed silent, listening closely to her cries for him, heart aching at the pain washing over his soul.

the girl who loved chenle will never ever fully get over him.

well, that was what he thought.

• • •

ain't nobody hurt you like i hurt you

but ain't nobody love you like i do

promise that i will not take it personal

if you're moving on with someone new

• • •

[09:18]

"wait—chenle, isn't that—"