00:45 - nct jaehyun 21+

[my bad, this might be shit writing that i've been working on for like a week cause i've been sad]

[words; 4.9k]

[00:45]

"fucking hell," he whispers into the emptiness of the bar. jaehyun sighs deeply into his hands when he rubs them over his face. what was he going to do when he gets home?

surely, he wouldn't slip in between the covers with you. he hasn't done that in months, but it wasn't his choice. divorce was such a difficult thing to process, physically and mentally.

how were you always so kept together all the time when every time he took a look at you, all he could think about was the moment he slipped that ring onto your finger and called you 'forever'.

i should go, jaehyun thinks to himself, i need to go now.

but the man orders another glass of whiskey and the pain grows with every drop that slides down his throat. he would be lying if he said he was fine, like he always had done.

last one, he tells himself over and over.

love is so fucking difficult and it's a repeating cycle that never ends.

it's just a dream, it's just a dream.

* * *

[13:07]

white day, it is white day when jaehyun shows up on her doorsteps with the biggest smile he could manage and a bouquet of flowers in his hands. they weren't massive or handpicked, but the florist had made it especially for him for you. jaehyun closes his eyes and think, quick but long, and it seems to him that he's thought for an eternity.

... in one simple breath, he huffs out a puff to check himself before you open the door, suddenly crumbling down to your knees at how silly your boyfriend was. "i was not expecting this at all."

"i wanted to impress you, you know. it's only been a month." jaehyun nervously laughs and you take the flowers from him, setting them on a counter nearby before you tell him it's fine for him to come in.