wonder upon the hills - ateez wooyoung

[21:09]

jung wooyoung extends a hand and you stare with a blurred vision, the giddy feeling rumbling in your chest, leading up to that warm magical grin of his that you valued so much. his fingers almost begin to pull back before you place a trembling hand in his.

your heart could not stop throbbing with every step he lead you through a field of tall, overgrown grass. yet, with every movement, you were pricked and spiked and poked as if the grass had intended to slice you up. your other hand gently feels for the other, repeatedly touching his arm for a placement comfortable.

"where are we going?" the question settles in his mind and he stops but a response never leaves him. "is this a surprise?"

the two of you continue to graze through until the height of the ground suddenly begins to incline then suddenly you drop down in less than half a second. the hills are bumpy, that's what the folks around here say and you never fail to make known of your curiosity and wonders.

the movement comes to an end when he turns around to face you. he is near, so near and dear that even as he closes the distance, you can hear his steady breaths though the wispy breeze of night. his whispers are beautifully pleasant when he caresses along your face with cold fingers.

"will you tell me your name now?" your words cut deep through the silence but as usual, he does not make a sound. you shift lower knowing his presence was not only grand but that he was a strong man.

the urge to feel his skin underneath your fingers washes over your eager soul but when you lift your hand to touch his cheek, he grips your wrist, "i'm sorry—i just—i shouldn't have done that."

he tilts your chin to gaze at how beautiful you really are, were. he had to do it, he had to. it was rightful for you to end up with him. a wonder is something beautiful and he desperately wanted you as his.

he leans to kiss your forehead, but instead your thoughts are filled with the strange scent of metallic metal. you risk it and raise your hand, suddenly hitting a stick. it was oddly shaped and molded like a handle of something suspicious. he whispers but it is faint, almost incoherent and that is when you comprehend the knife.

he reaches for you but the steps you take backwards are firm. "don't—don't you even dare come close."

"i know what you did. i remember." then you run hastily, away from the man who you thought you knew, the man who you thought you remembered, the man who had murdered you.

• • •

[10:28]

"detective choi! detective choi!" the intern at the precinct practically sprinted past the officers at the door and hurried towards the young said detective.

choi san set down his mug and nonchalantly shifted his attention to the boy, "what now? what is it?"

"look here, i found this on the ground outside the office." the newspaper slammed on his desk was not printed from the city's local new printing company. the papers are rather old and the words were not familiar slurs of the language but still understood.

as he read, "COUPLE COMMITS HORRENDOUS SUICIDE WHILE ENJOYING THEIR DATE OVER THE HILLS", he grows conflicted.

without taking even another glance at the photos provided, detective choi sat up in a hurry, grabbing his coat and keys, asking the intern following behind, "which hill and when did this take place?"

"why?" the boy clutches the pieces of folded sheets to his chest, "what has happened?"

"the lady should have already begun decomposition but you can see she looks as if she's merely sleeping." he nears the car and heads in, the intern sliding into the passenger seat with much struggle. "but didn't you see her eyes? they were carved out."

the detective gripped the steering wheel tightly and grinned, "mine were, too."