flower boy - nct renjun ft. doyoung

[this be for you dude ElyXiOn1485 ]

[16:28]

"hey! wait up!" the cricketing voice shouts after you after you exit the doors of the flower shop. you turn around and see the flower shop owner's son running up to you, large bouquet of beautiful flowers in a hand he gripped tightly. renjun holds it up in front of him, "y-you forgot these."

you take a single glance at the different kinds of flowers he had bunched up together, "i didn't order another bouquet."

"i know, i just wanted to give you these," he says with a nervous smile, a rosy blush creeping up onto his cheeks. he couldn't hold eye contact with you for longer than four seconds at a time, keeping his head rather low as he held up the flowers.

you smile at his heart-warming gesture but don't get the chance to say or do anything because as you lift a hand, your name is being called from the streets. parked along the side of the road is doyoung in his car, the window rolled down fully so you can see his upper half. "what's taking so long? i made reservations!"

doyoung was always a person who stuck to his schedule, never procrastinated once in his entire life. he hurried you on, even leaving his car with the engine on to intrude on your business with renjun, but it wasn't as if he had done so on purpose or out of jealousy. today was an important day for him; it was the day he was finally going to ask you the big question.

the flower shop boy doesn't say much but stare at the older guy by your side, not doing more than hold the flowers at his side now, letting them hang. you send him a sweet, apologetic smile before heading into the car. doyoung lets his eyes fall to the bouquet and grins, "if you give me those, i'll pay you twice the amount it's worth."

so renjun gives him the flowers, they were meant for you anyway. the older male reaches into the pocket of his blazer and pulls out a wallet, but renjun sees a tiny object fly out and hit the concrete, almost unnoticeable to his eyes. doyoung pays him and pats him on the back, saying he's doing a great job in helping him follow through with his plans.

only when doyoung drives away did he bend down, scanning his eyes over the ground in search of the silver metal item. renjun picks up the tiny ring with his fingers, noticing how expensive it looked, and old; it is probably a family heirloom of some sort. bringing his bottom lip between his teeth, renjun finds himself frustrated from having a crush on you, someone who already had a boyfriend.

he groans to himself, staring at the bits of petals that had fallen prior to the whole situation. that's when renjun realises one thing, a single thing so hilarious that it even made him lucky. if doyoung has no ring to propose with, how are you going to give him an answer he wants? you can't.

then renjun tucks the shiny jewelry into the pocket of his apron and snickers to himself. a classic renjun snicker.