Chapter 12. Official

The week and the rest of Scarlett's detentions had gone by slowly, the first Hogsmeade weekend and the first task of the tournament looming. When the weekend arrived and Scarlett woke up Saturday morning she was beyond nervous. Her date was today.

She had spent so much time with Fred, but an official date made it seem much scarier. Fred wanted to keep the day a surprise and didn't tell her anything. This made it worse because she had no idea what to wear.

She pet her cat and got out of bed. After a quick shower she decided to stop procrastinating and pick out an outfit. She went with a black spaghetti strap dress, with a white shirt underneath and light brown corduroy jacket on top. For shoes she decided on her doc martens.

Doing her makeup didn't take much time and soon she was in the common room. She decided not to go to breakfast because the butterflies in her stomach took away her appetite. Darts eventually came down stairs and curled up on her lap. Reading was what she decided to do with her time before Fred picked her up at noon.

She finished her book and had just started a new one when Fred entered the common room. He was wearing a red sweater and black pants, rolled up to his ankles. "Hello darling, you look lovely today." He grinned at the Irish girl.

She gave him a sly smirk,  "Well I have a date today, I wanted to look my best." Standing up and giving Darts a final scratch, she walked over to the tall ginger.

"Ready to go then bomb girl?" He reached out to take her hand as Cynthia came down the stairs, still in her pajamas carrying Scarlett's polaroid camera.

"You almost forgot!" Cynthia grinned, "You told your mum you would take pictures for her!"

Scarlett and Fred stood front of the fireplace as Cynthia snapped a few photos of the pair. "You really are the best Cinny!"

"I know. I hope you guys have fun." She smirked as she duplicated the pictures with her wand and handed them to the two.

"Will you just take them back upstairs until I get back?" Scarlett asked.

"Of course."

The two left the common room and set out for Hogsmeade. When they were finally in the village Scarlett couldn't take the suspense. "Where are we going Fred?"

"First we're going to the three broomsticks, because I know you skipped out on breakfast this morning." They walked the short distance to the pub and were greeted by a rather giddy Madam Rosmerta.

"Hello! Fred your table is all set in the back!" She giggled at them.

Scarlett sent Fred a confused look to Fred, but he just thanked the pub owner and led her to the table. What she saw melted her heart, the table was decorated with white roses, a pink table cloth and a box of her favorite chocolates.

"Aww Fred this is too much!" She kissed the boy on the cheek as they sat down across from each other.

"Anything for the girl crazy enough to go on a date with me." Fred smirked. They looked at their menus until the waitress came over to take their order.

"What'll it be for you today loves?" The brunette witch asked the pair.

"I'll take the chicken parm and a butterbeer please." Fred smiled at the woman.

"I'll have a water and potato stew with no celery please." Scarlett knew drinking a butterbeer would not go well in her stomach.

The waitress wrote down their orders and took the menus away. Coming back with their drinks a moment later.

"How very Irish of you." Fred laughed at the Ravenclaw.

Scarlett's comment confused her but he continued to laugh. "What do you mean?" She took a sip of her water and furrowed her eyebrows at him.