Chapter 6. Jealousy

After the night of the party Fred and Scarlett were practically attached at the hip. They still made time for their other friends, but not a day went by that they didn't see each other. The same thing seemed to be happening to Rowan and Lee, so no one was surprised when Lee walked into the great hall one morning with flowers and asked her to be his girlfriend.

It was now a couple weeks after the party and Halloween was the next day. Scarlett was a bit nervous about the other schools arrival for the tournament, but she was excited to meet new people. The girls sat outside near the lake, talking about the events to come. "I hope there are some cute boys from Durmstrang." Cynthia thought out loud.

"I just hope the Hogwarts champion is someone who knows what they're doing. The Beauxbatons girls can be nasty, I met some on holiday last year." Rowan sighed, zipping up her jacket. The fall weather meant more layers so everyone was wearing their house scarf and hoodies.

"Fred told me he and George are trying to come up with a way to enter the tournament illegally. " Scarlett giggled.

Ginny who was sitting by Luna laughed, "Oh please, the best those boys are gonna get is a trip to the hospital wing."

"Who knows, maybe it'll work and one of them be the Hogwarts champion." Luna stared off into the sky, speaking in her usual soft tone. Her comment set the whole group into a fit of laughter.

Just then Fred, George and Lee approached the seven girls. "Hello ladies." The twins greeted in unison.

Scarlett patted the ground motioning for them to sit, "Have you come up with a plan yet?" She questioned.

"Regretfully not, Bomb girl. We were hoping you could just blow the place up while we switch out the winning name with ours." George suggested, sounding more serious than not.

"Sadly, I will not be blowing anything up, especially not to help you cheat." Scarlett grinned.

The boys sat on the ground for a while, talking with the girls. Scarlett was shivering, cold weather was not her thing. "Cold darling?" Fred asked her.

Scarlett shook her head, trying to deny it but the chattering of her teeth spoke for her. Fred crossed his legs and motioned for her to sit in his lap.

"Fred, i'll crush your skinny little legs." Scarlett smirked.

"I'll have you know my legs are fit, that's right I work out." Fred lifted his arms and flexed his muscles.

"If you say so," She climbed on top of him and he put his arms around her waist like a seat belt. Scarlett couldn't deny he did warm her up. Fred rested his chin on the girl's shoulder and rejoined the conversation. "After Dumbledore announces how the champions are going to be picked we should really come up with a plan."

George looked to Fred and saw the position they were in, "Yes we should, unless you have other plans?" He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

The group sat by the lake for a while, chatting and enjoying each other's company. Scarlett had offered to get off of Fred's lap, surely his legs must be numb? But everytime she suggested it he would squeeze his arms even tighter around her. Scarlett felt a peace wash over her, she was exactly where she was supposed to be. With her best friends in the place that was truly her home.

Eventually even Fred's warmth wasn't enough and Scarlett couldn't deal with the cold air anymore. She suggested they go back to the Ravenclaw common room to play a round of exploding snap. The warm air hit her as the group stepped into the school. Just as Scarlett was about to walk in the direction of Ravenclaw tower, Fred grabbed her arm and pulled her in the opposite direction, "We'll be there in a minute." He said to the rest of their friends.