Chapter 82. Tension

Scarlett woke early in the morning to find Harry outside of the tent, staring out into the misty forest. "Morning," she said softly as to not startle him. His head flew back as she approached, light footsteps hitting the fallen leaves.

"Morning, sleep alright?" The boy nodded, clearly not up for small talk.

"No, and you?"

"Do I ever?" He chuckled halfheartedly.

Scarlett stood next to him, giving back the same lame expression. "I'm so glad I found you again."

"Well now that you did we have to move again as soon as Ron's strong enough, can't risk being caught. I'm just glad you got here before we left without you."

As she watched Harry speak she noticed the locket around his neck, last night she remembered Hermione saying they were taking turns weaning it. "Hey," she pointed to the locket, "I think it's only fair I take the locket, it's time for me to pull my weight."

His hand clutched the necklace, "you're not gonna take no for an answer, are you?"

"Absolutely not."

Lifting it over his head he sighed, "if you insist. But I have to warn you, it's not a fun time."

"Well," she took the locket and put it around her own head, "I'll try not to be too miserable then."

Within the next half hour Hermione and Ron woke, all three helping to pack up the gloomy campsite. It didn't take long and by mid morning they were gone, Hermione taking the lead and bringing them to a new forest.

Scarlett honestly couldn't tell the difference between the new and the old, but that was the least of her concerns. They got to work securing the area and doing tasks around the camp.

As soon as that was done they sat together in the tent, discussing what their next move should be. "So," Ron put his hands together, "what do you 'spose we do now?"

"Good question," Scarlett sighed, "I have no ideas."

"Well we've got to start looking for the next horcrux, any clue where that may be?" The bushy haired brunette looked to Harry.

"I've got a couple ideas, but nothing very strong." The boy shrugged.

"Well mate, it does us no good if you keep 'em in your head. Spit it out already."

"It's nothing useful, just forget it," Harry shot up, "I'm going to try some more spells on the locket."

"Hary wa-" It was too late as he was already out of the tent. The three still sitting there pursed their lips, looking at each other with uncertainty. "Ron when was the last time you changed your bandage?" Scarlett stood, "here I'll do it for you."

Hermione stood too, "yes excellent idea, I'll get the stuff out of my bag."

"Brilliant, thank you."

"Right then," Ron shook his head, "as if I can't change my own bloody bandage."

"Ronald."

By nightfall nothing had gotten done and the group was increasingly tense, Harry and Hermione had gotten into it and the scarred boy was inches from smashing the radio Ron insisted on listening to. Both girls objected to that idea, the radio was of comfort to Ron and everyone needed solace these days.

There was barely any light left as Hermione and Scarlett secured the perimeter once more, making sure there was no way anything could penetrate the invisible force field. Just as Scarlett lifted her wand to say the final spell, her stomach lit.