Witch/ Dark Witch and Wizard/ Warlock

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Omnivorous

Most Witches and Wizards were born to Human parents, but a mutated gene caused them to become a slightly ( their DNA is almost exactly the same as the DNA of a Human) different species that is able to use magic. However, many Humans can be turned into a Witch or Wizard if they practice magic for a long enough time. However, should a Witch or Wizard ever start using dark magic, they will turn into a Dark Witch or Warlock ( a Human can turn into one of these too if they choose to practice dark magic) and become almost completely corrupted by the darkness. ( Dark Witches and Warlocks have the exact same DNA as Witches and Wizards, so they are not considered different species like Fairies and Pixies are)  

Like with a Pixie, a Dark Witch/ Warlock's body will eventually begin to feel the negative effects of dark magic. Their bodies begin to very slowly rot and wither away, but the more they rot, the more powerful their dark magic becomes.

While a Witch/ Wizard has the ability to live for a couple hundred or so years, a Dark Witch/ Warlock will probably end up rotting away into nothingness before they even hit their 110's. However, there have been many causes of a nearly completely rotted Dark Witch/ Warlock using the last bit of dark magic that their body can handle to transfer their souls into the body of another creature, so they can continue to live. ( The soul belonging to the creature that had its body taken over has a very high chance of never being able to return to its body and will be forced to wander around the Earth with no physical body)

While it is true that Witches and Wizards are unable to cross lines of salt, it does not cause any effects to their ability to use magic ( they just can't use magic to get rid of the salt), but Dark Witches and Warlocks are extremely weak to salt and can't use any magic when in the presence of a large amount of it. The longer a Dark Witch/ Warlock is exposed to salt , the more physical pain it is put through and there have been many cases of them dying from being exposed for too long. 

Many Witches and Wizards live the exact same lives as normal Humans only with the aid of magic at their side and a longer lifespan than a Human.

They have the power to summon their Spirit Animal ( for Dark Witches and Warlocks they summon a dark corrupted Spirit Animal) to help them fight and can even summon the Spirit Animals of other creatures to protect or fight alongside that creature. These Spirit Animals are stronger and can take more hits than a normal animal and instead of dying they return to the Spirit World after taking a fatal hit and can almost immediately be summoned again. 

There have been very rare causes of a Dark Witch/ Warlock being turned back into a Witch/ Wizard and it usually involves a powerful emotion that doesn't involve hate/ anger. There is also said to be a magic spell that can turned them back. but it is so difficult to master and takes such a toll on a Witch/ Wizard's body and energy that it has only been successfully used 7 times in all of recorded history.

Extra Fun Fact: Many of the people that were hunted and killed during the Witch Trials were not actually Witches/ Wizards, but it is believed that many of those mistakes were caused by Dark Witches/ Warlocks casting hallucination spells on the Witch Hunters and making them see normal people as a Dark Witch or Warlock.