Gremlin

Animal Class: Mammal
Diet: Omnivorous ( usually scavenges on whatever it can find) 

Naturally live on every continent except Antarctica. but there are theories that a subspecies of gremlin may inhabit Antarctica's many ice caves.

Live in large colonies that can number in the hundreds. They live in underground burrows that are connected to each other by many long complex tunnels. ( colonies are lead by an alpha male that is usually the most aggressive gremlin in the colony) 

Considered to be an annoying nuisance by many creatures: They raid human houses and grocery stories for food and other objects, steal food ( and sometimes pups) from werewolf dens, eat the eggs of gargoyles, dragons, thunderbirds, and other egg laying creatures, and raid goblin caves for gems.

Mostly come out at night, but ones that live in cities tend to stay out during the day due to more people being out and more people means more opportunities to steal food.          

While they are heavily hunted because of their annoying behavior, they are nowhere near being an endangered species due to their high breeding rate and the fact that they exist on nearly every continent and in nearly every country.

Males have 3 to 5 females that they spend their live mating with ( they usually don't form emotional attachments and if a female dies the male will quickly replace it with another female while if the male dies his females will go find another male to be with) 

They have between 2 to 6 young at once, but the young are completely independent from birth and are expected to care for themselves. 

Many have been trained to perform at circuses and carnivals, but they tend to not listen to their trainers and usually do their own thing.

Extra Fun Fact: The 1984 film "Gremlins"  was filmed using actual gremlins and took a long time to film due to the gremlins refusing to follow directions. The gremlin that portrayed Stripe was reportedly very aggressive and would lash out at several crew members, cast members, and other gremlins.