Pegasus

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Herbivorous

Pegasi( the plural form of Pegasus) are close cousins of Unicorns and are the only member of the Equidae family that are capable of flight.

When a Pegasus is born, it doesn't have wings and appears to just be a normal white horse, but once they turn a year old, the wings will instantly sprout out of their back. This always happens at the exact time it was born at the previous year.( Example: If a Pegasus was born on October 15, 2021 at 7:29 PM than its wings would come out on October 15, 2022 at 7:29 PM)

Pegasi have healing powers, but unlike their Unicorn cousins, you don't have to earn their trust before you can touch them, they will do it simply out of compassion.( while a Unicorn's healing powers only come from its horn, the healing powers of a Pegasus come from all of its body parts)

In another similarity to Unicorns, standing near a Pegasus can temporarily cure a person suffering from Anxiety Disorders or Depression, but this temporary cure lasts much longer than it does with Unicorns and in extreme cases, has lasted for several decades.

Pegasi don't like to be around conflict and wild ones are a rare sight in modern times with most sightings happening in the more peaceful countries such as Iceland, New Zealand, and Denmark. However, some have been known to show up in countries afflicted by wars to heal wounded soldiers and civilians.

A Pegasus will only allow somebody that it sees great potential in to ride it. After the first ride, the rider and the Pegasus are bonded for life and like with Dragons and their riders, they can communicate telepathically.

They can live for hundreds of years, but those that have bonded with a rider will only live for as long as their rider does and die on the same day that their rider does.

Even predators that are starving will refuse to kill and eat a Pegasus. No Pegasus has ever been known to have died via predation.

They are immune to all known diseases and just like with Werewolves, tests are currently being done to see if the cures for diseases like Cancer and Diabetes can be created using their DNA.

Extra Fun Fact: In medieval times, hundreds of knights tried to use Pegasi as their steads, but every single one of them failed to get one. This is believed to be because of the fact that Pegasi don't like to he around conflicts.