Rougarou

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Carnivorous

A very close cousin to Werewolves, Rougarou are smaller than Werewolves, but they are faster, more aggressive, and equal them in strength.

Live in the swamps of the southeast United States and rarely venture far from their swampy homes.

Like their cousins, they come in two different types: Born Rougarou and Bitten Rougarou. But, unlike their cousins they do not have a human form and are weak to the same things that a normal creature would be weak to. Like Werewolves, Bitten Rougarou become Rougarou after being bitten by another Rougarou on a full moon night and once they transform for the first time, they will never be able to change back to human form. ( Both types have complete control over themselves, but it sometimes takes a Bitten Rougarou a few weeks to gain complete control over itself)

Have been known to form packs that are lead by an alpha pair and they usually mate for life, but unlike Werewolves, they do not go into a Berserker mode when they are separated from a living mate for too long. 

Many Werewolf packs that live in the southeast United States have a rule that says that pack members are not allowed to go into swamps in order to avoid coming into contact with aggressive Rougarou.

Like Werewolves, they are apex predators, but their main prey seems to be deer or wild boar. 

Have between 3 to 10 pups at a time.

Their lifespan is usually only half as long as the lifespan of a Werewolf. 

There have been many cases of Werewolves allowing Rougarou to join their packs, but those Rougarou are usually ones that have left the swamp in search of new lives.

Extra Fun Fact: Due to being a very closely related species, a Werewolf can understand what a Rougarou is saying even if the Werewolf is in human form.