Wildling

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Carnivorous

A newly discovered species, Wildlings have only been known to science for about 5 years, but sightings of creatures that are believed to be Wildlings have been documented for centuries.

Due to being newly discovered, very little is actually know about Wildlings.

DNA tests have revealed that that are somehow relatives of Humans, Werewolves, and Rougarou. They are more animal like than Humans. but are less animalistic than Bitten Werewolves and Rougarou. Their intelligence is very similar to Humans, Born Werewolves, and Bitten Werewolves that have learned to control their Wolf form.

The average lifespan of a Wildling is currently unknown as it is unclear if they have a Human like lifespan or a Werewolf/ Rougarou lifespan.  

Wildlings are born looking just like Humans and they begin the change to their Wildling appearance once they start puberty. When they look like Humans their diet will consist of nothing but meat and the closer they get to changing into their Wildling form the more meat they will need. Once Puberty starts, their teeth will begin to grow into sharp fangs, their nails will begin to grow into long, sharp claws, and their body will become more and more covered in hair. Their senses, mainly hearing and smell, will also become more enhanced and so will different abilities such as strength, speed, stealth, climbing abilities, Etc. 

They can speak while they are in their human form, but can only communicate in roars, growls, grunts, howls, and body language when in Wildling form.

It is still unclear if Wildlings have the ability to switch between Human form and Wildling form like Werewolves can do or if their change is permanent like a Rougarou.

Despite being related to them, Wildlings are not as tough as their Werewolf cousins and have many weaknesses, but can take more hits than their Human cousins.

All the countries and continents that they live on/in are still unknown, but they are known to live in North America, mainly in the isolated high North mainly around and in the Arctic Circle and are believed to live in the more Northern parts of Europe and Asia as well as the isolated parts of Antarctica.

Wildlings were discovered when a police officer discovered what she though was a runaway pre-teen walking by a roadway near a Deer carcass and it turned out that the girl was a Wildling that had not begun Puberty.

Wildlings are only aggressive around Humans that show hostility to them and even refuse to eat Humans that they are forced to kill in self defense. Efforts have been made into trying to incorporate Wildlings into Human society and so far, mainly good results have been shown.

It is believed that the reason Wildlings took so long to be discovered by science is because they were deep in hiding and low in numbers after being hunted into near extinction by 18th century hunters that tried and nearly succeeded in covering up the existence of Wildlings.

Extra Fun Fact: The 2018 film " Wildling" was partially created in order to introduce people to this newly discovered species after Wildlings were discovered around the end of 2016.