Ent

Animal Class: N/A

Animal Class: N/A

Diet: Photosynthesis

Ents are a sentient, and highly intelligent, species of plant that can be found living in forests and jungles throughout the globe.

Ents are forest/jungle caretakers that do their best to look after the health of the forests and jungles that they live in.

They have the ability to manipulate and control plants, but don't do it very often. It is believed that they don't like to do it because they see it as disrespectful to the environment.

They are at peace with all animals of the forests and jungles and never come into conflict with them. They even let smaller animals live on and  inside them.

Ents have the ability to release a pheromone that prevents anything that smells it from experiencing negative emotions for a while and this affect can last from less than a hour to a few days.

Whilst they don't appear to experience physical pain, they do appear to be able to feel the pain of the forest around them. Anything from a fallen tree to a massive forest fire has been seen to negatively impact Ents. If an Ent's forest is completely destroyed there's a 99% chance that the Ent will die.

They are incapable of speech, but can communicate with another creature telepathically if they touch the same plant at exactly the same time.

It appears to be impossible for an Ent to die of old age, but they can be killed by other means from burning to being chopped into pieces.

Whenever an Ent does die, one piece of whatever of its body managed to survive will eventually grow into a new Ent.

Ents are immune from the affects of cold temperatures and this has allowed them to live in the forests of extremely cold countries.

Usually, only one Ent lives in a forest or jungle, but if it is a particularly large forest or jungle such as the Amazon, multiple Ents can be founded living in it.

Granted, taking care of a forest/jungle would be an incredibly hard job for a single creature ( plant?), so Ents have helpers in the form of an entirely different creature: Dryads.

Extra Fun Fact: J. R. R. Tolkien apparently based Treebeard on a very friendly Ent that he met in a small forest near his home.