Veo

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Carnivorous

At around 9.8 feet tall, 8.6 feet long, and 803 pounds, Veo are the largest, longest, and heaviest species of Pangolin.

Like other Pangolins, they feed on insects using their long tongue, but their larger size means that they have to eat 11x the number of insects that their smaller relatives eat.

Their larger size, thicker armor, spikes, and longer claws helps protect them from predators like Komodo Dragons and Tigers.

Veo live throughout the islands of Indonesia and have been known to swim long distances from island to island.

Veo have the ability to mimic the cries of the Komodo Dragon and they use it to try to intimidate Komodo Dragons that come around them.

They can rear up on their hind legs and slash at attackers with their long claws.

Their armor is nearly impenetrable and many have compared it to Dragon armor. 

Many Veo have successfully been domesticated and used as mounts by
Indonesian tribes.

A fully grown Veo has almost no predators with even Komodo Dragons thinking twice about attacking them. They do fall prey to ocean predators when swimming between islands, but their armor protects them from many of those predators.

Veo are immune to the venom of the Komodo Dragon.

They give birth to around 5 to 8 young at a time and these young are born with armor that is already pretty thick.

Their lifespan can be anywhere between 10 and 14 years.

Extra Fun Fact: Veo dig burrows so large that Humans can not only easily fit in them, but also live comfortably in them and many homeless people in Indonesia have started living in abandoned Veo burrows.