Banshee

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Omnivorous

Like Wildlings, Banshees are born Human and don't change into their Banshee form until they hit puberty, but they do have the ability to switch between their two forms. ( An ability that Wildlings don't appear to have)

Like the previous fact states, People find out that they are Banshees when they hit puberty. However, they only change into their Banshee forms when they are very angry or very scared and change back to Human form once they calm down.

The myth that you will die if you hear a Banshee scream arose from the fact that the sonic cry they unleash when angry is loud enough and strong enough to kill something if it is hit by it at close range or hit by it multiple times in a row.

In a similar manner to Bitten Werewolves, Banshees are unable to control their Banshee form at first. Many have been known to stay in their Banshee forms for months the first few times they transform and while older Banshee practice ways to control anger and fear, even they struggle to control their Banshee form at times. No Banshee in recorded history has ever managed to gain full control.

Banshees are an all female species and while many Banshees were born male, they changed their gender during their first transformation and when they returned to human form, they were female.

Due to the fact that they are an all female species, Banshees can reproduce asexually. However, like the Whiptail Lizard they need another female to help stimulate the process. Their bodies can also tell the difference between sex for procreation and sex for pleasure and therefore, no Banshee has gotten pregnant after having pleasure sex.

The cry of a Banshee is the loudest noise that any living creature can make and can be heard up to 800 miles away.

When in Banshee form, they are immune to all damage. However, according to them, they still feel pain from the hits they take while in that form. ( Like Born Werewolves, they are capable of remembering everything that happened in their other form when they are Human)

Banshees do no need to eat, drink, or sleep when they are in Banshee form and this is how they can stay in their Banshee form for months on end.

After a while, Banshees will be able to release sonic cries at will while in their Human form, but these cries are nowhere near as strong as the sonic cries they let out in Banshee form.

Banshees can levitate, with some being able to levitate as high as airplanes fly and they are capable of doing it even in Human form.

Extra Fun Fact: There was once a plan to have military units made up entirely of Banshees, but those plans were dropped do to how hard it is for Banshees to control themselves.