Gnome

Animal Class: Monotreme

Diet: Herbivorous ( Omnivorous when young)

A fact that many seem shocked by is the fact that Gnomes lay eggs. They lay one egg at a time and Gnomes that choose to live in the forest hide these eggs inside trees, in caves, or underground and both parents spend 9 months watching over it. 

As the previous fact suggests, Gnomes can choose to live either in the forest or in towns and cities. A majority of today's Gnomes have been integrated into Human society with most having jobs. However, earlier in History, they were viewed as monsters and had to had deep inside forests, caves, and mountains to keep themselves safe from Humans.

Like Gargoyles, they have the ability to turn to stone and wild ones usually do it in last ditch attempts to avoid being killed by predators. However, unlike a Gargoyle, their stone form is much more fragile and shatters easily. In addition, they do not have unbreakable skin when not in stone form. 

While adult Gnomes are vegetarians, young ones love to eat meat with their favorite food usually being Rabbit and Squirrel ( for wild ones) or Chicken and Beef.( for ones that live in Human society) They begin to make the switch to a vegetarian diet when they hit puberty at around the age of 13.

The preferred weapons of choice for Gnomes are pick axes and shovels and they are very skilled with them with many having bested even the most skilled Human sword fighters.

The average height of a gnome is around 3 foot 4 inches, but legends tell of a Gnome that grew so tall that it was constantly mistaken for a baby Giant.

Gnomes live in the United States, Canada, parts of Mexico, and many of the more mountainous and colder countries of Europe.

Male Gnomes begin to grow their famous beards when they hit puberty and are very protective of them with many of the Gnomes that live in Human society refusing to shave their beards even if a job that they have requires them to.

Extra Fun Fact: Many Humans are sometimes shocked to discover that many of the Garden Gnomes that they placed in their gardens were actually real Gnomes that had turned to stone and entered a hibernation like state.