Hodag

Animal Class: Reptile

Diet: Carnivorous

Despite old stories saying that Hodag are born from the ashes of cremated Oxen, they are actually Reptiles, with no relation to Ox, that come out of eggs.

Hodag may look vicious, but their look is very misleading. They tend to flee from conflicts with other creatures the second things start looking bad for them. 

Despite what the previous fact suggests, Hodag can still be very dangerous. Their spikes, fangs, horns, and claws are not to be laughed at.

Their horns are primarily used for combat with other Hodag over things like territory, food, and mating rights

Their claws can be used for protection, but are mainly used to help them climb trees and rocky surfaces.

Their spikes are used to help protect their bodies from attacks by larger animals.

Their teeth, particularly the sabers, are stronger than they appear to be and they are capable of biting through rock with little effort.

They mainly live in the Midwestern United States, but have also been seen in the Northeast, Southeast, and a few parts of Southern Canada.

Hodag are yet another Reptile that have the ability to survive in extremely cold temperatures and unlike those other Reptiles ( Dragons, Lizard People, Cherufe, Etc.) there are no plausible explanations as to how they manage this.

Hodag lay their eggs, there can be anywhere from 3 to 20 in one clutch, underground and leave those eggs after laying them.

It can take up to 75 days for Hodag eggs to hatch, but when they are born, they are completely independent.

They already have their teeth, spikes, and claws at birth, but it takes about a year for their horns to grow in.

When hunting, Hodag will form small packs that are capable of bringing down prey as large as a fully grown Moose, but lone Hodag have to go after smaller prey like Rabbits or baby Deer.

They are closely related to the Horned Lizards, but at roughly 4 feet tall, 3.5 feet long, and 315 pounds, they are giants when compared to them.

Extra Fun Fact: The Hodag that live in zoos have shown that Hodag are easily trained, so there's a chance that Humans could successful domestic them at some point in the future.