Werejaguar

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Carnivorous ( Human Form may be Omnivorous)

Like Wendigo, Werejaguars are a species that only exists because of magic. It all started when a young woman was bitten by a rabid Jaguar and sought out help from a Witch so that she wouldn't get Rabies. However, the Witch was really inexperienced and while she managed to stop the woman from getting Rabies, the spell she used backfired some and caused the woman to turn into an uncontrollable creature that looked like a cross between a Human and a Jaguar whenever she experienced negative emotions like anger or fear.

Eventually, the woman gained control of her Werejaguar form and become able to transform into it of her own free will, but only after she had bitten hundreds of people and turned them into Werejaguars as well. Many of those people eventually gained the ability to control their alternate forms too and passed the ability to turn into a Werejaguar on to their children.

As the previous fact implies, Werejaguars come in two different types: Born Werejaguars and Bitten Werejaguars.

If anybody at any time( to become a Bitten Werewolf or a Bitten Rougarou you have to be bitten on the night of a full moon) is bitten by a Werejaguar they will become a Bitten Werejaguar the next time they experience negative emotion.

It can take years ( the current record is 24 years) for a Bitten Werejaguar to gain control over itself and gain the ability to transform at will whilst Born Werejaguars are able to transform at will with full control at birth.

Unlike a Werewolf or even a Rougarou, Werejaguars do not have an extended lifespan. They still have the lifespan of Human.

While the original Werejaguar was from a country in South America, they have spread across the globe with Born Werejaguars being more common than Bitten Werejaguars nowadays.

Like other " Were Creatures", ( Werewolf, Werehyena, Rougarou, Etc. ), Werejaguars have the ability to constantly switch between a bipedal stance and a quadrupedal stance.

Extra Fun Fact: The reason that Werejaguars are not pure evil like Wendigo is because they were created when a light magic spell backfired while Wendigo were created using dark magic.