Manticore

Animal Class: Mammal

Diet: Carnivorous

Originally lived in various countries in western Europe and eventually, migrated to many countries in the Middle East.

Tend to live and hunt alone. 

Females give birth to around 2 to 10 young.

When they are born, their wings have just started to grow out of their back and take about a year and a half to fully develop and it then takes them 2 to 3 years to fully master the ability to fly. ( They usually stay with their mother until they are able to fly without trouble) 

The venom in their tail stinger is very deadly, but like many creatures with venom that don't usually inject venom when they sting something. The venom is most potent when they are young and when they are old.

They are a mix between an ambush predator and a pursuit predator that tend to use their claws, teeth, speed, and brute strength to bring down prey. ( They have been known to use their stinger to occasionally hunt and they have been known to fly while chasing prey)

Live from 20 to 35 years. 

In ancient times, many people would capture and immobilize wild Manticores( they would usually be released later) in order to collect venom from their stingers and cover their weapons in it. This practice eventually stopped due to how hard it was to capture a Manticore and it usually ended with a bunch of dead humans on the ground. 

Extra Fun Fact: Like many other animals, Manticores were used in gladiator fights in the Roman Colosseum and they were such fierce fighters that there are only 3 recorded fights that ended with the gladiator victorious.