Notes Refinment Realms

This is for those who need a refresher or are confused about things like the realms of refinement and other stuff. Many of this info is from the ROSSG wiki so go check it out if you still don't get it or want to learn more. Or discuss about it in the discord.

The realms of refinement is a form of cultivating the mind. By practicing this realm's principles it will unlock more of a persons brain capacity/power. The more a person progresses in the realms of refinement, the better their five senses and body control become. Added bonus are, improved reflexes, memory, learning capability, mental computation like being better at math, pattern recognition, and technique mastery, and a few more.

Half-step into a certain realm means that a person can display some abilities from that realm but not all of it. We don't know how many stages there are in each realm as it's never stated by the author but I will try my best to explain the improvements in a realm brings.

1st realm, Refinement Realm- when a person enters the refinement realm, they have officially unlocked more of their brain. They have gained more control of their body so now their every action is refined and they can get the most out of every movement they make with the least amount of effort. By refined they make no extra or unnecessary movements and because of this all their actions is silent. The reason why their every action is silent is because of their refined movements no energy gets dispersed in the air causing a sound to be heard and that energy stays with them, improving their power and speed. Their five senses also improve greatly allowing them to notice details better than before.

A refinement realm expert can continually move at high speeds and make quick judgments and snap movements thanks to the combination of their refined actions and improved senses. This allows them to dodge the instant they notice an attack and and retaliate without pause, whereas a normal person can't do that because they wouldn't be able to keep up and process information as fast.

There are limits to this. If there are to many attacks, the attacks are to fast, or to many various types of attacks, a refinement realm expert can get overwhelmed.

(These part are my guess as to what the stage progression is) improving in the refinement realm just means improving in the abilities stated above. These improvements are small so it's not impossible to for a person who just entered the refinement realm to defeat someone at the peak of the refinement realm if they have the same attributes and stuff, but it is very difficult.

Being half a step in the refinement realm means that you can only do refined movements every now and then and it takes a lot of effort. Your brain isn't unlocked and your senses don't improve. Most people can reach this part but will be stuck at it.

2nd realm, The Flowing Water Realm- the Flowing Water Realm is the second level of the realms of refinement when a person unlocks more of their brain. At this level all the above abilities have noticeable improvements and a person gets two new abilities. The first new skill is the ability to predict your opponent's next move before they even do it by observing their every action then properly responding before your opponent even moves. The reason why a refinement realm expert can't do that is because they didn't unlock that level of brain capacity and their five senses aren't good enough to notice the minor details needed for the predictions. The second skill is the ability to put all of your bodies power into one action drastically increasing that action's speed and power. A refinement realm expert can't do this because they don't have the proper body control/refined movement.
(Shi Feng also had the ability to control the amount of hormones that goes to his brain in the real world after he became a flowing water realm expert but I think that got retcon or changed for an ability neutralizing grandmasters have)

Thanks to being able to predict enemies actions before the enemy does it, a flowing water realm expert doesn't have to wait for their opponents to attack. They can take the initiative and neutralize their opponents. This saves them more energy and effort cause now they don't have to do unnecessary things since they already know what will happen.

The weaknesses for the flowing water realm are that if the enemy has higher combat standards then them, or know what they are doing they then can foil the flowing water realm expert's predictions or completely render it useless. There are exceptions to this like having higher attributes or physique. Also the predictions aren't 100% so there is a chance of failure.

By progressing in the flowing water realm you can predict more of your opponents future actions, do it for multiple people and increasing the accuracy of your predictions. You can also increase the power and speed of your attacks by adding more of your entire body's power into that one action if you choose to. The gap in strength between someone who just entered the flowing water realm and a peak flowing water realm expert is much larger then someone who just entered the refinement realm and a peak refinement realm expert. With the same attributes, physique and other stuff, asking someone who just entered the flowing water realm to defeat someone at the peak of it is extremely difficult.

Being half a step into the flowing water realm only allows a person to predict their opponent's future actions. These predictions aren't as accurate and they won't have the proper body control/refined movements to fully take advantage of these predictions.

The realms of refinement is mainly to improve the five senses. The difference between the control over the body each realm provides is very small (meaning a refinement realm expert's control is nearly as good as a domain realm expert's). It's just that every little improvement in body control has a big effect. The improvements in a person's five senses really start to shine in the void and domain realm.

This is getting long so I'll end it here. I hope this helped and let me know if you want me to do more of this, like explaining the void and domain realm. Realms of truth, Tiers, legacies and so on.