2785 Next Level Fight

Hundreds of NPCs charged at the Zero Wing army. Most consisted of tier 3 NPCs with a few tier 4s in the batch. The Evil Beast and monsters were already a lot to handle. These few hundred NPCs would have no problem wiping out a 10,000 man army not to mention their measly 1,000 man legion.

"Dammit, what do we do!?"

"Stay in formation! Don't you see that the vice guild leader hasn't given an order yet."

The Zero Wing army stared at the back of their vice guild leader. She stood at the very forefront of the army standing still with Glorious Will stabbed in the ground. Her majestic beautiful figure resembling a war goddess.

Watching Gentle Snow inspired courage to the guild members. For a few of them this was the first time getting to work in a large scale operation like this with the guild's core upper echelon.

They held their ground waiting for the inevitable clash.

400 yards
300 yards
200 yards

When there was less than 100 yards between the NPCs and Zero Wing everyone started preparing their attacks. Suddenly a silver ripple of energy covered the city.

This startled a few players but then they noticed something unbelievable. The NPCs have frozen. It seemed like there was no life in their eyes what's so ever.

"What's going on?"

"Did the game glitch?"

Shi Feng smirked at the situation from above. "Perfect job Ember." This was no glitch, but the result of the Pyrite Spirit Gems. They are capable of manipulating the souls of NPCs. Of course a lot of preparation, resources, and sometimes sacrifices were needed to use it effectively.

If players wish to use the gems to help their personal guards they would need very high quality spirit gems among other things. Unfortunately the success rate is very low and could easily do harm.

So in the eyes of the common public, Pyrite Spirit Gems were worthless.

It was only until two rival First Rate Guilds went to war. Both guilds were peak First Rate Guilds having around the same number of tier 6 and 5 players in their command and similar quality war weapons.

One day, one of the guild's tried to capture a main ranked city from their rival. But that city had its own knights division and a hero guarding it. The hero had been tier 5 and the strongest of the knights were a step away from tier 5 as well. Even a Super Guild would fail to capture such a city.

But the invading guild had a brilliant idea. They used the Spirit Gems to temporarily weaken the NPCs, not even the hero was spared from the effects. The guild then systematically captured the city, albeit barely and with plenty of sacrifices.

Ever since that day the various powers had stocked up on Spirit gems to deal with annoying NPCs and guild cities.

Luckily for Shi Feng, Ember is capable of activating the magic arrays by herself, and she herself was a powerful power source. If he didn't have Ember he would've had to sacrifice some tier 3 players and manage the array himself. He also would have needed something around half as strong as a Titan Heart to act as the power source.

Unfortunately he had only been able to collect around thirty gems. This amount will only be able to stop the Evil God Temple NPCs for a couple dozen seconds, and will have very little effect on tier 4 and higher NPCs.

Seeing their comrades having their souls frozen the tier 4 NPCs sneered at the group and charged forward. Something like this will only last a few seconds.

But before they could do anything they noticed a magic array under the feet of a lithe figure. The array gathered a terrifying amount of mana and released a dazzling light. The mana was quickly absorbed into the cool looking greatsword this lithe figure held.