2720 The Transcendental Realm

In the extraordinary tower on the second floor on the 100th step Shi Feng was fighting three black knights. The team work of these knights were extremely fast and all their actions were true advanced combat techniques aiming for Shi Feng's blind spots. Shi Feng was no slouch, all his actions were true advanced combat techniques as well so he can match the power of these knights, also he's a domain realm expert, Shi Feng knew what these knights planned to do before they even attempted it. One of the knights swiftly moved to the back of Shi Feng while another moved to his side and both knights swung their swords at him, while the third knight fought Shi Feng head on to keep him from avoiding the two blows. In response Shi Feng used sword transmigration and he manipulated the attacks from his back and side to strike the third knight causing an explosion and sending that knight flying over twenty steps. Shi Feng used void steps while the dust from the explosion still lingered and appeared behind one of the confused black knights, with flames engulfing Crown Sword he swung the blade. The simplified holy devour then sent the knight flying into the other one putting both of them in awkward positions, wasting no time Shi Feng swung both his swords.

Secret Technique Lightning Flash

17 arcs of lightning slammed into both knights and sent them flying off the 100th step and with no one in his way Shi Feng went through the giant golden gate heading into the third floor.

On the third floor there were multiple platforms and each platform was in a dome a quarter the size of a football field. A white mist engulfed the floor and while this mist soothed and strengthened the mind it also impeded one's vision. If that was it, it wouldn't bother Shi Feng, but the mist also weakened his other senses as well. Shi Feng felt nearly blinded. When he took a step into the first platform the platform started to spin slowly and the dome started rotating in random directions. Shi Feng felt himself losing his equilibrium and his head started feeling heavy. Shi Feng couldn't even properly feel time flow while this was going on, if the mist didn't strengthen his mind he would have exited his gaming pod and vomited.

Suddenly a phantom of Shi Feng appeared in front of him and started attacking. Shi Feng tried his best to retaliate but his phantom was strong, it was if the rotating platform, dome, and mist didn't affect the phantom at all and the phantom was exactly like Shi Feng in a normal environment with the same combat standards and techniques. Shi Feng kept getting pushed back and when the phantom did sword orbit over 14 stars assaulted Shi Feng and he had no way to defend himself getting thrown out the first platform.

Shi Feng didn't let this deter him and he went back to the platform. Two losses, four losses, twenty losses, after his thirtieth loss against his phantom Shi Feng got used to the rotating platform and dome, now he didn't feel as delirious but because of the mist he was forced to push his senses to the limit but he could hardly predict his phantoms movements and attack trajectories. Suddenly Shi Feng had an epiphany "if the truth realm is about utilizing all of your body to gain better control, while the ascension realm is changing up your combat method to incorporate combat techniques into your body, what happens if I start utilizing and incorporating my opponents techniques!" Shi Feng stopped focusing his senses on the phantoms body and focused on its attack. When the phantom executed sword orbit Shi Feng used sword transmigration and aimed for when the swords collided to create a star. This cancelled out the phantoms sword orbit and allowed Shi Feng to strike but the phantom blocked the attack. The phantom doppelganger then used lightning flash, even though the attack was fast, Shi Feng knew the attack well. Right before the phantom could merge all 17 strikes, Shi Feng stabbed the Abyssal Blade right in the middle of the sword images and this created numerous sparks stopping lightning flash. When Shi Feng tried to slash Crown Sword at the phantoms stomach the phantom quickly spun and used one sword to block the attack while the other sword moved Abyssal Blade out the way and then both of the phantoms swords hit Shi Feng right in the chest sending him out the platform again.

Normally Shi Feng could see through such maneuvers but the spinning platform and dome threw his sense of balance off making it difficult to do complex movements. Shi Feng decided to take a break and go fight some demon wolves. When Shi Feng left the tower and entered the town he noticed something. He felt more control over his body although it was very slight. Right now he could also see the flaws of the training guild members attacks. Of course that's normal as his combat standards were higher than everyone else's but this was different. It's like he could see the weakness in the combat technique itself and neutralize it. This was like when he fought the Bronze Dragon King, the dragon king managed to neutralize every attack Shi Feng did effortlessly, creating openings to take advantage of. "So that's what the transcendental realm is!" Realization struck Shi Feng, the reason for the harsh conditions on the third floor was so he can strengthen his other senses, such as sense of balance, time, positioning and space. Although this may seem not as important as the main five senses improving these other senses makes it easier to make complex movements even in awkward positions and generate more power with your attacks. With this improvement of control over his body he can take chances to make precise movements against seemingly airtight attacks and defenses. It's like trying to perfectly cut a strand of hair down the middle vertically. If before his chances of doing something like that was 30% now it's 33% at least. With this new found knowledge Shi Feng went back to the third floor and attempted to confirm his theory. Now when fighting he tried focusing on his minor senses and when he did he didn't feel the effects of the rotation as much this allowed him to put up a better fight against his phantom. After four days of nonstop training Shi Feng reached the half step transcendental realm and could fight his phantom to a tie. While he was immersed in fighting he got a call from Aqua Rose.

"Guild leader it's time for the meeting with Frost Heaven and the anti Faux Saint alliance" Aqua reminded him.
"Oh it's finally time, okay. Aqua get Fire and the rest ready we'll head out and go teach Saint Hand that zero wing is not to be provoked!" With a chilling aura Shi Feng stopped his training and left.