CHAPTER 25

Muku could feel the tension in the room, making the young beast cower behind his new companion

Muku could feel the tension in the room, making the young beast cower behind his new companion. He wants to just run out of the room, but he didn't want to leave the red-haired girl that has been so kind to him and even protects his little friend.

The young dragon then glances over the human that has caused his human girl to lower her head as if she wants to bury herself into the ground, which even her human friend also has his head bow low, not daring to meet the eyes of the older looking male.

He recognizes the smell emitted by the older male, the same as the small male, and the same ash smell like both younger humans. Muku thought about whether to attack the scary-looking male but change his mind when his eyes fall on him.

Kana can see that Muku is practically trembling in fear move in front of the young beast, covering him from their furious Captain. She could tell why the Magic King chose him as one of the captains; that man is one hell of a scary guy.

"So"

Both of them jump as Fuegoleon finally speaks after giving them a deadly stare for almost an hour that their legs almost falling apart.

If possible, their heads hang even lower, not wanting to meet the eyes of an angry lion.

"Tell me why one of you get hurt? And where are the other when it happens? And why aren't you two together? And" A burst of flame surrounds the Captain of the Crimson Lion, causing his desk to burn down into ashes. "-are you two trying to test my patient?!"

"Sir, no, sir!" They straightened their posture and swallowed nervously.

"That is not the answer I want to hear! Are you two so dumb that you can't even think of why a mission needs to be done by more than just one person?!" Fuegoleon looks at his younger brother, eyes flashing dangerously. "Tell me how you came out without a scratch while your junior beaten out and even have her life hanging by a thread?!"

He turns and looks over the red-haired girl. "How hard-headed can you be?! Do you want to die that much?! Why didn't you ask for help?!"

The look of guilt washes over their face as none of them could argue with his words, knowing how true they are even if it struck them so hard.

"I'm sorry." Leopold is the first to speak between the two of them. "I have more experiences, and I should have taken care of her. I should be the one to blame."

Kana look at him incredulously. "Wh- that doesn't make any sense!" She glanced over her Captain. "It was my fault. I pushed him away and was angry at him. He just decided to give me some space. As you said, I should have asked for help, but instead, I fight on my own!"

"Ha?!" Leopold exclaims loudly and faces her. "Stop babbling nonsense! You are the one who gets hurt, and I didn't manage to help you. I should have sensed it miles away!"