CHAPTER 24

Gathered around the village's entrance, all the villagers have decided to come out of their house after being informed that their farm's mysterious attacker has been discovered and will no longer be a threat to them.

To show their gratitude, they all gathered to bid their farewell to their saviors, and some even brought gifts for both young magic knights.

Kana feel relieved that the older boy has brought a magic item that helps carrying those loaded gifts, or their journey will be much harder will all the stuff.

She still didn't fully recover with bandages still covered around her body, but they need to get back to base and report back to the captain of their mission.

Ōura even advises the girl that she still needs to rest, but the red-haired was quite stubborn, which actually because she feels guilty for spending too much time sleeping, and the missing piece of the battle bothered her. She needs to talk with the Magic King himself over it.

"Do you have to return already?" Main sniff giving her best puppy eyes at the crimson-haired boy, which always wins her many gifts from her grandfather.

Leopold dramatically looks away, chanting 'Must resist! Must resist!' Both of them actually have bonded quite well during Kana's coma state.

It's quite apparent to the others that the young girl was starting to have a crush on the young noble who was oblivious by all the signals she showed toward him. Even the newly awaken girl notice Main's attempt to earning Leopold's attention, which she finds quite adorable.

She watches him give her a look saying he needs her help. Sighing with a smile of amusing. Kana lower herself so that she will be on the same height as Main. "Main." She calls, earning the girl's attention. "We are sorry, but we truly need to leave. There still matters that we need to attend." She softly pats the pouting girl's head.

"But--"

"Main." Ōura firmly warns her daughter, who pouts even further, but later a look of realization took over her, and she looks over her beasty friend.

"Muku." She starts, worriedly. "What will happen to Muku?"

A look of concern flash on Leopold's face knowing that it will be hard for him to promise anything good would happen to the young dragon, but the red-haired girl didn't give a single damn about it.

"I will look over Muku." She determinedly states. "I promise you."

"O-oi." Leopold sweat knowing that it won't be up to either of them to decide but sigh needlessly. "Nii-san gives me strength." He begs and continues. "And for whoever will face this stubborn peasant."

"Really?!" Main's expression brightens. "Will you guys come to visit too?" Her eyes twinkle as she glances back and forth between Kana and Leopold, giving the older girl a signal that she wants him to visit too.