CHAPTER 50

'Vhen wii Kana-nee come hom? We miss Kana-nee– Aruru, Hollo'

Kana chuckles as she reads the youngest's attempts at writing to her.

'Kana-nee doesn't need to worry about us! I will protect everyone while Kana-nee and Yuno-nii get stronger and become the strongest Magic Knights.... Even Asta too if he wants, —Nash'

'It's Rekka, Kana-nee. Don't worry about us. Sister Lily said that everyone has been sending money and helping us get delicious food and new clothes. Thank you so much! But Kana-nee needs to take care of Kana-nee's health. Just keep on smiling and have a great journey! Just come home whenever you can! Miss you so much! –Rekka'

A single tear falls from her eye but a smile never leaves her as she keeps reading Sister Lily's letter that just arrived alongside Father's, Asta's and Yuno's.

As usual, Asta wrote about his meeting with a weird guy with round eyebrows name Licht from Midnight Sun who used Light magic along with the Third Eye, the strongest three on the team. Also, about the fact that they found out that the betrayer among the Magic Knight was the captain of Purple Orca.

"Asta sure had interesting adventures there," Kana mutters. She goes and opens Yuno's but it seems he has sent something for her. A brown box tied to the letter. "Wonder what it is." A look of disbelief flashes over her eyes. "This idiot!" Inside the box contains, a necklace made of a gold chain and a blue stone, which has a gold-coloured cross and four-pointed stars at each corner. The most treasured piece that was left for him when he first arrived at the church.

"What the hell was he thinking?!" Kana was dumbfounded by his act and opened the letter.

'Kana-chan,

             I'm glad to receive your letter and glad that your training has been going well.

            I assume that you already open my gift and are very mad about what I presented to you. But don't worry. Just keep it safe and return it to me when you return. I miss you a lot. My day has been going on like usual with training and going on missions.

           I have been getting stronger so that I can protect you, not that you can protect yourself but I want to be the one who will put your heart at ease and when the time comes, you will finally accept me. I don't have much to offer you but I will do my best to be someone better for you.

           Keep the necklace near your heart and just know that where you have been all along for me.

Sincerely,

           Yuno'

Muku who decided that it have enough playtime for the day, approach the girl but stops and tilt his head when he watches the girl covering her face against her knees. "Kuu~" It pushes around her head asking if there is something wrong.