CHAPTER 51

"Get everything you need?" Mereleona asks, glancing down at the girl who tying her hair

"Get everything you need?" Mereleona asks, glancing down at the girl who tying her hair. The front of her red hair shadowed her face as it grew longer for the past few months.

Kana nods, fixing her hair and shouldering her bags, she smiles as she looks up revealing her bright green eyes, showing her excitement.

The patrons give weird looks as they all either secretly stare or merely avoid Zora as he sat waiting for someone with a cup of tea, a plate of two blueberry muffins and strawberry parfait in front of him.

He mindlessly taps his finger while staring down at the bustling people who are eager for the upcoming festival. His thought was away and when someone poke him in the cheek then he becomes aware of his surrounding and was about to shout to whoever it is but was speechless by the sight behold to him.

Kana stood by his side with her finger still on the position when she teased him. "Sorry for being late. I have some detours to make before coming here." Said the girl. Putting down the hood of her coat.

Zora was wordless as he stares at the girl who seems to grow so much. Her hair has become shorter but he guesses that she had a cut recently and she also become a bit taller and tanner. Her style also changed as she's wearing a large beige coat paired with a maroon dress and by her neck hangs a necklace that have blue stone between it. "Hime-chan?" He gaped. He couldn't point his fingers at but she just radiated a new sense of aura.

"Hm?" Kana took a seat on the empty chair in front of him, whose eyes never leaving her. "What's wrong?"

Blinking as he finally snaps out of his trance, again. Zora chuckles, shaking his head. "I just think that you look beautiful, Hime-chan."

Kana blushes, and let out a cough to ease the awkwardness. "Weirdo. So, do you find anything new while I was away?"

"Bit of this and that." He shrugs, "Same as the one I wrote to you."

"I see. Then why did you ask to meet then?" The fire user rose her eyebrows, tilting her head.

"Why?" Zora grins teasingly, leaning forward. "Can't a friend invite a friend for a drink?" He pushes the bit melted parfait near the girl whose eyes are instantly lured to the sweet.

"Guess there's nothing wrong with it." She mumbles, taking a spoonful of the dessert and the taste of strawberry filling her mouth making a smile of satisfaction creep over her lips.

Zora eyes soften as he observes the girl silently enjoying it and he felt himself feels a wave of calmness washes over him. Before he can even stop himself, his hand suddenly moves as he pats her head thinking. 'cute'