CHAPTER 12

Kana and Yuno watch by the sideline as Sekke has offered to fight with Asta as the first match. They actually have a bad feeling with the blonde-haired boy but knowing Asta, he's much more than he looks or acts.

"Let's both give it our all and fight fair, so we can achieve our goals!" The shorter boy encourage.

Sekke approaches him and pats his shoulder laughing. He says something to Asta which they couldn't hear but by the expression on the ash-blonde haired boy, it wasn't something pleasant accept for the last part as he pompously states. "Hurry back to your village in the boonies and continue enjoying your crappy life. Bah-ha!" With that, he walks away taking his position leaving his opponent's eyes to widen.

"Sekke chose the weakest-looking guy." Someone comments.

Kana's fists clench as she stands by Yuno's side who silently looks up ahead.

"Begin!" The referee announces.

"No holding back, all right? Let's do this, Asta! Bah-ha!" Sekke smirk, summoning his grimoire. A cracking transparent light blue starts forming around him ending up like a sphere. "Bronze Creation Magic: Sekke Magnum Cannonball!"

"Lame." The red-haired girl comment in a boring tone as she leans against the pillar.

"That's no need to hold back. Come at me! Bah-ha!" The blonde-haired boy taunt.

"Sure thing. Here I go." Asta simply states as he summons his grimoire, a swirl of darkness with crimson red emitted around him, and in a flash, he took off and took out the black rusty looking sword. In a blink he easily destroys Sekke's Magnum Cannonball hitting the owner directly. The force of Asta hitting him leaving the floor with a massive crate.

A proud look takes over both his childhood friends as they watch the short boy easily defeated his opponent.

The impact of the force that hit directly to Sekke has left him unconscious with bubbles forming out of his mouth.

"I'm not joining the Magic Knights so I can have a good time and avoid working hard," Asta states swinging his sword over his shoulder. "I'm here to work my butt off and become the Wizard King!"

Kana glance over Yuno who held a grin on his face knowing so well what's on his mind then back to the shorter boy. 'He has grown even stronger.'

"Is that sword.... Magic?" Murmur starting from around her.

"Wasn't he just some loser from the boonies?"

"What the heck?"

"Who is he?"

"He just... said something about the Wizard King."

"All of you shut up! I told you, I'm going to become the Wizard King!" Asta who had enough shout. "You got a problem with that?!"

The red hair girl sigh with an amused look as she glances over the black-haired boy. "Come on, let's sit under the shade."

Yuno simply nods as he walks behind her as they go and lean against the wall walking past people who still bad-mouthing Asta.

"Is he stupid?"

"What the heck is that peasant from the boonies saying?"

"Must be embarrassing being a completely delusional idiot."

"Just get outta here already, you stupid brat!"

"Tch." Kana clicks her tongue in annoy. The other contestants froze as they slowly turn around only to see eerie aura emitting from her. "What is it again about the boonies? I may not be hearing you guys right." She narrows her eyes.