CHAPTER 18

Kana slowly opens her eyes as she wakes up from her dreamless sleep. She rubs her eyes to shake off the sleepiness. She then glances over the window and noted that it's still dark.

Throwing the duvet aside, she goes and took a shower to freshen herself. As she enters the bathroom, she was shocked by the mix of gold and crimson between furnishes and the decors.

Taking a quick pleasant shower of her first time having warm water instead of the cold one that she usually has to heat on her own, she dried her hair by emitting some heat and let her hair dried.

Glancing over the clock, 6:12.

The red-haired girl decided to walk around her new living place after passing the letters over the special messenger owls.

She couldn't help but in awe of her surroundings. Most of the furnishes were put up between, yellowish-golden and crimson, fitting the name of the squad. Walking through the hall, she noted that she's the only awaken soul while the other still resting on their bed.

After passing the training ground, a massive dining room fills with tables that have neatly folded napkins and shining silvery utensils and a vase if bouquet in the center of it. The crimson table cloth with golden lining by the end of it beautifully covering the table and she honestly was surprised by the facts that even with most of the things in the squad's base fill with the color yellowish-gold and crimson, they aren't too blinding. Just enough to show their pride in the name of the Crimson Lion.

"Ara, ara."

Kana spun over only for her eyes befall on an old lady wearing soft blue stain covered apron overtop her simple white dress that has some floral pattern on it. Her grey hair was tied back neatly in a small bun as she offers the young girl a smile.

"What a pleasant surprise, we rarely have an early bird." The old women state.

The red-haired girl smile and bow a little, "Nice to meet you, I'm Kana from Hage village, a new recruit of the squad."

Soft chuckles escape the old lady. "Nice to meet you too, what a polite girl. The name is Yuko, I'm the one who helps to fill the lion and lioness stomach. Hage you said, I heard they are quite famous with potatoes, am I right?"

The younger girl nods excitedly. "Yes! They are very delicious, kind of dry and make you want to drink a whole jug of water but still, they taste really good! And if you don't mind do you any help in the kitchen Yuko-san?" The fire user offer.

The old lady couldn't hold her surprise as she never earns any offers of help but seeing the innocents and excitement in the girl's face. "Ara, ara. Never have I thought someone would offer to help, but why don't you go on doing some training?" She suggests.

Kana shook her head. "I guess I'm used to helping to do some chores, also why I woke up early. The training can be done, later on, truth to be told I kind of feel a bit weird for not helping around."

Yuko sighs out loud with a smile, never had she ever meet such kind of girl. "Very well then, the breakfast almost done, the only one left on the menu is egg benedict. There's no harm in having another pair of hands helping anyway."

The red-haired girl tilts her head. "Egg what?"

"Eh?"

"Eh?"

After spending some time learning new recipes from the head chef, Kana finally walk out with a huge smile on her face and a whole bunch of papers fill off new recipes and tips. She was in glee at the thought that she could make them for the children back at the church, thus, however, as she walks into the dining hall.