CHAPTER 37

Before Alfred can even unleash his attack, a mighty flame flies directly to him, reducing him into ashes instantly.

"C-captain." Kana mutter weakly.

Asta, following where she's glancing, watches as Fuegoleon calmly approaches them.

"I'm sorry for interfering in your fight." He states, putting his hand over Asta's shoulder then glance over Kana, who slowly approaches them. "Can you still stand?"

She simply nods, but the man knows fully well what's playing in her mind.

"You have done well. Don't think otherwise. I would find it unfortunate for both of you to die here."

"Yes, captain." She answers half-heartedly.

He can sense that his words weren't reaching her and decided that they would need to talk after the battle. "You fought well for a peasant with no magical powers." Fuegoleon compliments the ash-blonde haired boy. "I hate to admit this, but it looks like Yami's foresight was better than mine."

Patting Kana's head a few times and offering her a warm smile that makes her gape in shocks, he took a few steps, approaching the intruder. "Asta, wasn't it? You mentioned that you were going to become the Wizard King, didn't you?"

"Huh?! Become the Wizard King?!" Rades speak up, surprise after hearing the news. "There's no way a stupid brad like—"

A blast of flame fly directly toward him, cutting his speech, but he managed to avoid it.

Annoyed at the sudden attack, he glares over the red-haired girl who still has her hand raise with smoke escaping her palm.

"Don't you dare mocks Asta's dream! He can be annoying, loud, and obnoxious sometimes—"

"So cold!"

"But don't you ever make fun of my friend dream! Because I believe that Asta or Yuno will become a Wizard King, and I bet your ass that I will kick those who dare to mock them, you pirate wannabe!"

"Cocky brat!!"

Fuegoleon chuckles softly, never seen this side of the young lioness. "Then— I guess you're my rival, too."

Kana was surprised by her captain declaration, just like Asta but smiles and patted his shoulder. "He tough to beat, just so you know."

"Asta! Kana! Leave the rest to me!"

Her heart pounds proudly as she watches the powerful flame mana emitted by Fuegoleon. 'Captain.'

"Did he just say—" Asta mutter slowly before letting out a battle cry that make Kana jump at the sudden loudness. "This is no time for me to be a wuss! I can still do this!"

"Asta, don't!" Before she can stop the outcome, the young lioness cringes as she watches her childhood friend getting her captain famous head chop, instantly making the boy kneel, trembling in pain while holding his head.

"My head, my face, and my stomach hurt!"

"I'm sure they do." Leopold calmly states. "As a warrior, you need to constantly be aware of your condition and determine if you're able to fight or not. You are definitely not in that state right now. Your exuberance maybe your greatest weapon, but keep a cool head, too. If you truly wish to become the Wizard King, that is." He abruptly turns over Kana, who been silent. "That goes for you too!"

"Yes, sir!" Surprise by his scolds, she jumps and loudly salutes.

"Now, let's hear it!" Their attention's turn back at the outsider, readying their stance for any attacks. "What are you after? Your actions are too scattered for an invasion and too organized for indiscriminate terrorism. Who are you?!"