CHAPTER 41

"Noelle! Kana!" Mimosa approaches the two of them in worry as she can see the state of her older cousin.

"Mimosa, please take care of Fuegoleon-san." Noelle requests, knowing that the plant magic user's healing ability is far more vital than anyone she has ever known.

"No— How could something like this happen to someone like Fuegoleon-san?"

"Can you help him?" Kana frowns, motioning for Muku to take a rest which the beast willingly mount his head and fall onto her lap.

"You can rest now. I will take from here." The vermillion haired girl flashes a warm smile and brings out her grimoire. A pair of wings made of plants and flowers appear on her back, and a green aura starts to engulf her.

"You can trust Mimosa." Noelle softly addresses as she discerns the worried look on Kana. "She's a great healer."

The red hair glimpses over the water user and nods before remembering the boys. She quickly surrounds Leopold as Claude already shaking Asta awake. "Leo! Oi Leo!" She watches as he groans. She's glad that he is still alive and peep over Claude, who gives her a nod, telling her that the ash-blonde haired boy still breathing.

"Gel Magic: Sticky Salamander! (Geru Mahō: Betobeto Saramandā!)"

Upon hearing those voices, she glimpses over the gathered enemies, only for her eyes to befall on the enormous purplish creature.

"My magic will just pierce through magic like that." Nozel smugly declares with his grimoire flipping in front of him.

"And then—Ura Madōgu: Tokusei Purasu Arufa (Dark Magic Tool: Special Properties Plus Alpha) ....... Absorbed!"

They all watch as the salamander absorbs Nozel's attack catching the mercury magic-user off guard.

The gel magic-user motion her hand and salamander's hand slam towards Kana making her jump away with Leopold on her grasp but her eyes widen when she sees Asta being taken away as he stuck into the gel creature.

"No—"

"Mine~"

"Give Asta back!" Kana roars, gently put Leopold on the ground and readying her grimoire.

"Remember this, Magic Knights." One of the cloaked men speak up, the gel creature slowly melts, and a colossal portal arises under their feet. "We are the Eye of the Midnight Sun—"

"Asta!" Kana took off. "Honō Sōsei Mahō— (Fire creation magic—)"

"The ones who will destroy the Clover Kingdom."

"Kurimuzon bakuhatsu-en! (Crimson Exploding Flame!)"

Before the strike can hit them, the Eye of the Midnight Sun escapes through the portal.