CHAPTER 43

A/N: I apologise for the late update AGAIN! but I have gone back to my work last week and it was horrible. Every day was tiring that I passed out instantly when I see my bed.

This chapter finished a week ago but I didn't have time to edit it. I decided to post this today since I have been receiving you guys positive comments that make me smile. Thank you so much to all of you.

But if you guys don't mind, please read my note in the previous chapter and tell me your opinions. I really need it. Thank you once again!

Happy reading!

The cell was damp and cold, making Kana shivers that worsen when the restraint circling her wrists ticking loudly fills the overbearing silence

Her grimoire was taken away as precautious, not that she will be attempting anything. Still, Julius has explained to her that it was just shown to hush the nobles as they are pointing fingers at her, probably caused by fears after hearing the news of the fallen lion.

It doesn't sit right to her that people will now label her as an assassin who tried to kill her captain, especially the royals, as they merely want to ease their fears.

Of course, since she is just a mere peasant, she will be the best target, but thanks to the current Wizard King, there won't be any execution until there's evidence.

Kana sigh loudly, leaning backwards, making her head hit the damp wall in a loud thud. Truth be told, she wishes Julius won't take away her bracelet containing Muku in it, but she knows that it will be best for the beast to be under the man's care since he's the only person she can trust for now.

Her eyelids starting to feel heavy, making her unintentionally falling into a deep slumber from a tiring event she had been through.

The moments her breath became steady as she fell asleep, a gentle breeze hit her face and her eyes slowly open, revealing a familiar sight of an open field filled with glowing white anemone, sitting in the middle of it, not far from the place she woke up. The black silhouette with its brilliant white eyes watching her.

"What is this place?" Kana asks out of curiosity after waking up in the same place for the second time.

"Just a place you created in those tiny human's mind of yours." The silhouette spoke up, appearing by her sight and drop a flower crown made of anemone flowers.

"Then why didn't I recognise all this?" Not fretting about taking off the crown, she stares at the lifeless eyes belong to the unknown creature.

"You know about this place—" The silhouette grimly says, staring off to another side before shifting back to the girl. "You just don't remember it."