CHAPTER 49

The feeling of the hot spring soaking her body make her feel relaxed as Kana let out a content sigh

It has been two months and the training has been hellish as it becoming worst on each level.

Kana can feel herself becoming muscly and her hair has been getting longer and she has always put it up in a ponytail. Her clothes also getting tight and shorter from her growth and she wasn't the only one who noticed it.

Mereleona brought a few new clothes for the girl to wear and even offered to give her hair a fix which she accepted.

The time spends between them made the duo grow closer and become more understanding of each other. Even though Mereleona's tempers and loudness paired with Kana's stubbornness and sarcastic behaviours wasn't an ideal idea but they both did come to terms with opposite attract and learned to accept each other.

"Oi, brat!"

"Hm?"

The sounds of splash indicate that Mereleona has joined her in the bath as the girl has been closing her eyes, hoping to catch some nap.

"Kanazawa village—" Mereleona starts carefully, noticing that the girl becomes tense.

"What about it?" Kana finally open her eyes, green and meeting blue. She wasn't fond of the topic but knew that it will eventually come up.

"I know you have heard this a lot, but— I'm sorry for your lost."

Kana can feel her sincerest but it still aches her at the thought of it.

"Any lead about the attack?"

"There's nothing from the library. I have been looking around the records from a few different attacks that happened around those years but found nothing."

"By the way— what's that thing you have with you?" This time, the lioness turns serious making the girl feel a bit intimidate but she only blinks and looks over at Muku who happily swims using its tail.

"Muku is a dragon, right?" Kana asks, confused.

Mereleona sighs. "I can see that you, brat! I meant that thing inside of you!"

"What are you talking about?!" Kana frown deeper, truly not knowing where their conversation suddenly takes a turn.

"You—You truly didn't know, aren't you?"

"This talk would have been much earlier if I did."

The oldest Vermillion observes the girl and states, "Have you ever fallen unconscious and wake up with no memory of what happened between them—"

The memory of the attack when she was protecting Main and Muku flashes into her mind and the shadowy creature.

"Only once or twice— but it was nothing—" Before she can even finish her word, Kana found herself hanging in the air with her throat grasped tightly by the older lioness.