CHAPTER 40

"I assume you got everyone to safety

"I assume you got everyone to safety." Kana smiles at his scaly companion, who answers by snuggling his cheek over hers, feeling happy to be back by her side. "Yeah, yeah, I miss you too."

"Ku~"

"K-kana-chan!" Noelle beckons, catching both of their attentions.

The red hair gape at the worried expression on the royal-born and follow her line of vision.

Slowly, a portal starting to grow under Asta's feet.

"Asta, look out!" Noelle alerts in sync for Kana to shouts. "Muku! Aims for the corpse-looking guy!"

Just as Valtos about to unleash his attack, two shoots of flames flies directly towards him, making him lost his concentration and quickly dodged the attacks.

Kana recognize the second flame and glance over her senior who pants with his eyes shadowed by his hair. "Leo-san—" She mutters.

"Ku~" Muku's eyes sadden as he nudges Fuegoleon's body. He remembers the man who always pats his head, scratches his chin and can emit a terrifying aura, but his warmness also makes the beast comfortable. "Ku?"

"Captain not feeling well, Muku." Kana smile sadly while Noelle's eyes waters at the interactions. "He needs rest. Can you help him?"

Tilting his head then glances back at the bleeding man, he laid his chin on the man's back, and his body starts glowing with a light blue aura surrounding him.

The aura slowly spreading through Fuegoleon, making his body glows along.

"Wha—"

"It's some kind of healing spell or aura in his part," Kana explains. "I also just find this out last month, so I—"

"Pathetic."

A new voice echoed around them, making everyone froze in place.

"We received orders from Master to come here, and look at you—"

'How many are they?!' The red-haired girl thought in worry, glancing around, hoping to find the sources.

"You're struggling against this lot. How pathetic."

Suddenly, thick mist appears and creating a big circle that traps them inside, then it slowly disperses, revealing five cloaked figures.

Kana sweats as her eyes fall on the figure that appears beside her. She quickly moves protectively in front of her motionless captain. "Don't you dare come closer!"

The enemy in front of her merely chuckles darkly.

"No one asked for your help!" Rades sneers.

"Aw, you should be thanking us." A child-like voice sang. "If we hadn't arrived, you definitely would've captured and dissected alive." The voice chuckles. "And if you're gonna be dissected, I want to be the one to do it."