CHAPTER 46

"We are going back to the base! You two enjoy your time together, okay?!" Mimosa wave over the Hage duo and quickly drag Klaus along with her before the man can utter a word.

Kana tilts her head with Muku mimicking her action. "What a weird fellow? You have quite a funny team, Yuno."

"Really? I never notice." The tall boy shrugs, petting the scaly creature who purr.

"I don't think you two have been officially met. Yuno, this is Muku and Muku, this is Yuno."

Letting out a happy screech, Muku wraps his tail around the wind user's hand as an introduction he gladly plays along.

"It's nice to finally meet you. Thank you for taking care of Kana."

"Ku~"

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" The redhead juts her chin over the spirit sitting on Yuno's shoulder, who smugly cross her arms.

"Huh? Oh, Slyph, this is Kana. Be good to her." He simply warns, but eyes never leave the girl.

Kana sweats at his half-assed effort. "Nice to meet you, Slyph. I did hear rumors that you have gained a wind spirit by your side. It was awe-inspiring!"

"A dragon as a partner wasn't bad at all."

Slyph, who is instantly forgotten, grew annoyed as she could visibly see the heart flying out of Yuno as he kept his eyes on the young lioness and swiftly emerged between them.

"Hmm—" The wind spirit narrows her eyes at Kana, who was taken back by the sudden appearance but silently watched her. Slyph let out a huff and smirk. "I don't sense anything great from her." She concludes.

Muku let out a menacing snarl that causes the spirit to cower behind her partner.

"W-what does that thing problem?!" The spirit shouts.

"Stop it." Kana scolds, making Muku let out a soft whine and fade into her bracelet. "Get some sleep for now. Sorry about that. He tends to be quite protective over me. Especially after the fiasco."

"Don't worry about that. It was her fault anyway." He points over his spirit, who gives him a betrayed look.

"Yuno!!!"

The dark-haired boy ignored her shouts. "Is there anywhere else you plan to go?"

Kana frowned in thoughts and shook her head when nothing came into her mind. "I don't think so. I had already bought everything I needed and was about to head back to my base. How about you?"

"Yuno and I—"

The wind user quickly swats the spirit away before she can interrupt him. "Why don't we have lunch together?" He happily suggests.