CHAPTER 48

Kana was on the verge of puking from exhaustion but she keeps herself from falling by leaning against her knees

"Heh! Tired already!" Mereleona cackles loudly, sitting on the rock with her flames dancing behind her back.

It has already been two weeks and Kana hated to fuel the woman's ego training under her was brutal but she could feel herself growing stronger in a such short time.

She has been trained to lean against nature's mana, to feel and sense them. It helps increase her attacks but her body wasn't able to stand such power, it strains her body which left her bedridden for two days.

At the such amount of times, Kana also didn't expect herself to like the fierce lioness even with her loudness and obnoxious. She's out front crazy but she is just definitely different from the royal nobles and up until now the Vermillion members have been given quite an impression of her.

"Again!" The woman grins and watches the girl taking a stand as she got herself ready once again with determination never flattering even a second.

Mereleona was surprised when she received a letter from Fuegoleon on the squad's status, not that cared about but he likes to keep his sister up to what was happening within the squad.

She was shocked when she heard about the only survivor of Kanazawa village. Remembering the incidents that wipe out the whole village ached her but to think that a girl, at such a young age to survive such cruelty— Mereleona wondered what happened and what she underwent that day.

To watch those she has been growing along with only to disappear in a blink and know that she's the only one who has been carrying the burden and guilt. It wasn't something a child should live with.

It later came to another letter with a request that she needs a teacher and Fuegoleon proposed to his sister to take the child under her. It leaves her flabbergasted but the man did explain that his knowledge and training are limited for the girl and he sees potential in Kana that reminded him of his sister.

Mereleona wasn't a teaching person but after the incident that hit her brother and after learning it from the youngest, she was fumed with anger. She knew that Kana doesn't have anything to do with the attack from the fondness and the protectiveness that she had been hearing from the ways both brothers had been writing to her.

Those almost made her feel like they have another sibling from the ways all this playing through.

Read another recommendation of her taking the red-haired girl under her from Leopold finalized her decision and she got to admit, Kana does have potential within her and there's never a day where Mereleona heard her questioning her teaching methods, just a few childish bantering thrown around but not excuses.

Kana is currently building up her mana skin in an environment with strong and wild concentrations, making it difficult to maintain the technique as the coating has to adjust constantly to the changing mana. She has improved tremendously in a short time.