CHAPTER 5

-Grimoire Awarding Ceremony Day-

"Wow! A-Are all of these grimoires?" Asta, ask out loud, gaping at the sight of so many grimoires inside the Grimoire Tower. "Which one is mine?"

Kana glance at the ash-blond hair hype boy as he looks more determined as ever in worry. She looks over the dark-haired boy who remain unreadable and sigh. She tries to remain calm as she also wonders how her grimoire would look like that was until.

"Hey, look over there." She hears someone point over. "Pathetic, isn't it? They shouldn't have to give grimoires to dregs like that." That person spoke out loud on purpose.

"You said it." Another agrees.

"Don't tell me they're actually planning on taking the Magic Knights' entrance exams, too."

"Only nobles born with immense magical power or ties to the royal family ever get in." They chuckle like it some sort of joke to them.

"Besides, I heard that shrimp can't even use magic!"

"Wow... Then we need to take-"

They, however, didn't manage to finish their mocking as a certain red-haired girl couldn't contain her mouth anymore. "A-ah." She spoke a bit loud catching their attention. "I hear that nobles are highly educated but I guess those are just rumors."

"W-what?" Both of them exclaim in confusion but notice the dark aura surrounding her making them sweat.

"They're all bark but no bite." Her eyes darken as she glances over them making them cover in fear. It also including the others who watch. Some gave her glares for mocking the nobles and some steps away from her but none brave enough to retort.

"Well... That's Kana-nee for you." Rekka sweat drop along with Nash, Sister, and Father as they watch the now darken red hair girl.

"She sure is something." Sister laughs nervously with the priest nods agreeing.

 "Welcome, young men and women

"Welcome, young men and women." A voice echoed through the tower catching everyone's attention. "You all begin a new journey today. I wish you all faith, hope, and love." They watch as a heavily bearded elderly man dressed in wizard robes and hat present himself in front of them. "I am the master of this grimoire tower. We've never had a Wizard King from this area, nor anyone who's actually achieved greatness in Magic Knights. I sincerely hope that one of you will become the Wizard King someday." At those last words, Asta straightens himself in determination while his other childhood friends remain unreadable.

"No, really! Seriously!" Master exclaim loudly making the tower goes silent. "Ahem. Now it's time for the awarding.... Of the grimoires!" As he finishes his speech, grimoires start floating around as they go their rightful owner.

Kana glance around as she watches some of those grimoires are different in size, thickness, and earner reactions. Then her attention falls upon the loud cocky nobles as they make a declaration.