CHAPTER 47

"Letter for me?" Kana blinks, confused, as she accepts the envelope given by Leopold as they sit near the table in the hall, having their lunch after doing some training. "From who?"

"Just open it!" The youngest Vermillion grins childishly, feeling giddiness overpowering himself.

"Hm?" Opening the envelope gently, it unexpectedly burst open.

A wildfire flared before her, making Kana jump onto her feet while Leopold merely watched in his seat, entertained.

Words start forming from those flames, saying, 'Get ready by the dawn. If you want to get stronger, come with me!' They started disappearing as fast as the words formed, leaving the white envelope to drop on the table and disperse.

"The hell was that?!" Kana heard someone yells, but shocked by the scenes, she glanced over at the older boy, who flashed a reassuring smile.

"Nii-sama found the best teacher for you. Don't asks, get ready. She will be waiting for you." Leopold says and walks away, leaving Kana with her own thoughts.

Randalf, who has been watching with other senior members, hums. "If it is someone, I think it is—" He tilts his head and sighs before smiling. "We will have a hell of a duo."

Kana was hesitant to go to some unknown place with her future mysterious teacher. But she needs to get strong. More potent than she is right now.

After a tearful farewell with her forest companions but she soothes them by saying that she will visit after her return, she also informs Yuko-san about her journey, but it seems the older woman already knows the person instructing her. She told Kana that she would be in good hands.

Surprisingly, the other members also bid them luck for her, and even some seniors gave her pale looks that weren't reassuring, with some even muttering their pity for her future.

Only Randalf and Leopold were there to send her away as they waited in front of the opened portal.

"Send her my greeting, 'kay?!" Leopold beams brightly.

Kana nods, correcting the straps of her bag with Muku already waiting by her side. The letter never mentions whether she should come alone, so she chooses the latter.

"Oh, this—" The redhead passes the young Vermillion a few letters with names addressed to everyone. "I didn't have time to tell them, so I wrote letters. Please send them for me."

"Hm." The boy nods surprised that she even had time to write some for others. "Will do!"

"Have a save journey." Randalf stepped forward, a gentle look on his face. "We will be here waiting for you."