CHAPTER 16

A/N: Be ready......

Dang triple update. Need another cup of coffee.

Please vote and leave your opinions on this chapter. Thank you.

Also, there a spoiler ahead. Read at your own risk. Just a tiny hint of spoiler.

After feeling a bit calm, Kana has been silent all along as her eyes befall on her attached hands.

Marx has been kind enough to request the guard to bring a chair for her which she accepts.

She sat on the chair with Julius and Marx standing right in front of her also in silence. They have been understanding enough to not pressure the girls with any more questions.

"How?" Kana manages to ask with her soared throat that turns her voice hoarse.

The time magic-user sigh. "We don't know, but we assume that whoever attacked your village, have a magic user that can block any communication. We tried to search for any clues on who did it, but we still have no lucks."

The flame user bit her lip so hard that she can taste the metallic inside her mouth. The flashes of the villagers, her neighbors, her friends, her mother came over her making her clench her hands tightly.

Marx glance over Julius who also held a concerned look then back toward the red-haired girl. "If you wouldn't mind, do you remember anything from that attack?"

Kana frown as she finally raises her head meeting both the men's eyes. "Heavy." She state making both men held a confused expression. "My body feels heavy." She continues. "It was as if I couldn't control my body. I remember it may happen to everyone else. That day, it wasn't different from any others then suddenly everyone was like slammed to the ground. Even the air was hard to breathe. The buildings start crumbling down-"

"I think that's enough." Julius stop her as he put his hand over her trembling hands.

"Do you really?" Tears forming on the corner of her eyes once again as she looks directly on the magic king's eyes. "You didn't receive them?"

The magic king shook his head in shame. "I'm sorry, I wish I could. But it was too late when we arrive. But there's still hope." He sternly states catching the girl's off guard. "You're still here. Help us, help us search for whoever doing this. Fate brought you here, too us. Let works together and bring justice to your village."

Kana watch in awe as she could almost feel his sincerity. She wipes her tears with the back of her hand and a look of determination took over her. "I won't take orders from you or anyone. I do it my ways, with or without your help."

Julius smile and watch as the girl stood up with a new determination. "But first, you have to make a decision."

As in cues, the door opens and revealing four people that the red-haired girl knows so well making her eyes narrow.

The captains of Blue Rose, Crimson Lion, Golden Dawn, and Black Bull marching into the office.

Their eyes fall on the girl and they notice her puffy red eyes but leave it to Yami to point it over.

"What with those face, you were all craze earlier and now you turn into pufferfish." The black-haired man teased.

An irk mark appears on the girl's forehead. "Gorilla."

Yami's eye twitches in annoy and he grips the girl's head tightly. "Said that again you-"

"Bull-headed ugly gorilla!" Kana spat back at the man despite her aching head.
"You little-!"

"Hai, hai." Julius tries to calm the hot-headed pair. Using his ability, he transports the girl away from the dark magic-user.

Kana rub her sore head but at the same time in awe but the magic used by the magic king.

"I assume you already know them?" The time magic-user asks.

"Pretty much." She grumbles.

"You see, as another condition for our cooperation, I would like you to join one of the squad. And this is the squad captains that want you to join them. I see that their offers still stand for you, so why don't you go ahead and choose whichever you want to join."

Kana glance over the magic king for a few seconds. "I'm out."

Julius quickly reach over her coat and held her back. Irk marks were visible on the girl's forehead as she obviously disagrees with his proposal. "W-w-wait a minute. We both need each other help and this is one of the ways for us to solve what happened to your village."

The flame user stops mid-step and frowns in thought. Her confidence to search for the answer alone won't be enough and she knows it. For a peasant like her, she won't be reaching for just by herself. With the help of the magic king, she might have a higher chance but she was a bit unsure about joining the magic knight. It true that what happened wasn't fully their fault but the prejudice showed within the magic knights left bitterness in her and she just hates to face pompous nobles.

She sighs knowing sometimes she has to sacrifice her selfishness and this is the only way she can get justice for the people of Kanazawa. She turns toward the captains who waiting for her answer.

Julius sigh in relief while Marx glance over him weirdly.

"We meet again." William steps forward but the girl didn't show any signs of greeting him back. "I think it would be wonderful for you to join us. Your ways of calculating the situations during the earlier fight catch my attention."

"Those aren't much of surprise." Kana intercept feeling a bit suspicious. "I'm also not a very strong magic-user. I'm surprised that the Golden Dawn would want someone like me in them."

William chuckled. "That because I see potentials in you, just like I saw in your friend, Yuno."

A look of surprise wash over her than a smile appear on her face. "So he joining the Golden Dawn then."

"That's right."

"Oui, oui. That's playing dirty you' know." Yami intercepts taking a drag of his cigar and huff. "Well, since you started it, that magicless kid will be under me from now on."

"Asta?" A bigger smile appears on her face and she sighs in relief.

"So, which will it be?" The captain of the Golden Dawn asks.

Kana then glance over the other two captains.

"We may not have those comrades of yours, but I know that you will grow stronger among us. Let shows them that even us women can be stronger than men." Charlotte proudly states.

The red-haired girl then looks over the captain of Crimson Lion. The man simply nod at her and didn't offer any words.

Kana scratch behind her neck. "I'm sorry, it was so kind of you to offers me to join your squad. But I guess I will be joining-

Crimson Lion." 

A/N 2.0: No hate okay? Please.........