CHAPTER 42

"We will get the details from our captivate later." Julius reassuringly proclaims with the globe hovering behind him with an unconscious member of the Midnight Sun floating in it. "In any case—people look to the Magic Knights for one thing—Peace in the Clove Kingdom. To preserve that, we'll keep fighting with everything we have."

"Yes, sir!" Asta salutes, follow by Kana, who nods near him.

"If you'll excuse me." Nozel pardon himself out, follow by Solid and Nebra.

Kana silently watching the Silvas' walking away. 'That guy—'

~Flashback~

"Rival?"

"Uhuh!" Leopold nods, finishing the last piece of kebab and toss away the skewer. "Theresa-san, she was our instructor. Mainly teaching nii-san and nee-san before she retired. I didn't get to learn much from her, but she told me nii-san always get worked up when he with his meet Nozel-san."

"Heh~" Kana plop her head onto her palm.

That day, they finished another mission and decided to grab some food at the nearby food court. Suddenly the topic of Fuegoleon pops up, leaving Leopold to spill the beans.

"Their rivalry still going until now!" Leo proudly slams his chest. "You should see those two battles! Practically destroyed the whole base."

'Sounds like those brainless duos.' Kana chuckles.

Asta and Yuno sneeze from where they are.

"Who's the rival?" Kana scoop the parfait she ordered and bring it into her mouth. Her eyes widen at the taste, and she goes for another scoop.

"You know him! Nozel Silva, he's the oldest of the Silva family and the captain of Silver Eagle."

"Hmm—" The red-haired girl adorably tilts her head, spoon between her lips.

Leopold sighs, his eyebrows twitching at her obliviousness. "It's the guy with a braid—"

In a blink, the spoon flew out of her mouth, flying directly at her senior who easily caught it. "The weird braided guy! I remember him!" She giggles, the face flashing back into her mind. "Asta and I were wondering how the hell he can see with that braid. What a weirdo!"

'You're a weirdo too.' Leopold thought, eyes comically seeing her, who try to imitate Nozel's hairstyle.

"He still a weirdo." Kana mutter shamelessly.

Noelle and Mimosa look at each other and shrugs as they overheard her.

"Has the enemy—" Julius's voice guided the flame user's attention back to him. "awakened not a sleeping lion, but a sleeping hawk?"

"I thought that guy from something eagle?"

Mimosa and Noelle stumble from the airhead's words.

"Kana-chan, it's just an expression." Mimosa chuckles, jumping onto Kana's back, hands hanging around the red head's neck.

"I see—"