Steve x Reader

Requested

Prompt 8: "Well, it didnt seem important at the time."

Got shot

Got shot

Y/N was doing her job as her hip was burning in pain. Sure she had gotten shot, but she wasnt going to stop her job about it.

She was helping people get to safety and their lives were more important thing hers. She would die happy to know everyone was out of harms way.

She did her job and got the people to safety as she was told to do. She was being thanked by people and she kinda wobbled to the Quinjet as she could no longer feel her right hip.

"Hey guy good mission. Im just going to lay down for a moment." Y/N says.

Then she just fell to the ground and everyone just looked at her.

"Wow someones dramatic." Tony says.

"No. She's been shot." Bruce says noticing the blood.

"Oh my god." Steve says kneeling by her side.

"She needs to get back to the tower now." Bruce says.

Steve moved her head into his lap and began to stroke her hair. He did this as Bruce and Tony did whatever they could to stop the blood.

Once the god back they had a doctor waiting on them. Y/N was taken and was in surgery and Steve was a mess waiting for the news.

"Okay they said she'll be fine just no missions for awhile. Though they said that if we would of known sooner she would have never passed out from blood loss." Bruce says.

"Can I see her?" Steve asks.

"Yeah. She isnt awake yet, but she should be soon." Bruce says.

Steve walked in and looked at Y/N and took her hand in his as he sat beside her. He kissed her hand hating how he failed her.

When Y/N awoke Steve was right there and she smiled at him softly.

"Hey Doll, how you feeling?" Steve asks.

"Fine. I guess." Y/N says.

"Doll, why didnt you tell us what happened?" Steve asks.

"Well, it didnt seem important at the time." Y/N says.

"Y/N..." Steve says.

"Those people needed to be safe. They were more important then me." Y/N says.

"I hate that your heart is so pure, but Doll you are important too. Especially to me." Steve says.

"What?" Y/N questions.

"To the team. Your important to the team. Speaking of the team I'll go get them." Steve says and ran out of the room.

"Did he not see us standing here?" Tony asks as team was standing right near the door.

"Nope he was to blinding by his love for Y/N." Nat says.

"Oh yeah thats right." Tony says.

"I can hear you, you know." Y/N says.

"And Steve loves you, you know." Tony says.

"And you love him, you know." Clint says.

"And I would love to push Sam off a moving train." Bucky says.

Everyone looked at him with a very questionable look.

"What?" Bucky questions.

He didnt even wait for anyone to respond as he shrugged his shoulders and walked out.

I guess men from the 40s were just either awkward or evil.

I hope you liked it.

Requests Closed