Bucky x Reader

Requested
(Warning Story Contains SelfHarm)

Prompt #8: "Here, take my blanket/jacket."

Not Battle Scars

Not Battle Scars

Y/N has always had a battle to fight with herself. She was always causing herself pain and harming herself in the past.

It was in her file when she joined the team and so everyone was alway treating her differently. So when Bucky treated her like person she like it.

The others were always making sure she was okay all the time especially when she was alone, but Bucky didnt he gave her space and didnt push.

That was because he didnt know. He never read her file he wanted to know who she was from her not the paper.

That didnt stop them for finding love with one another and being happy. Though some people dont like that they are dating cause she isnt a real hero like the others.

This triggered her self harm again. Every night she held a razor to her arm, but she didnt cut. She almost did, but she didnt.

She always had her arms covered and now here they were on a mission and Bucky was staring at the scars on her arm.

"What are those? Battle scars?" Bucky asks.

"No. Buck they arent. Years ago I did this to myself. I thought you knew and didnt really care cause it was in my past." Y/N says.

"Well... Im sorry I didnt know this. Look we have a battle to win. So... Here, Take my jacket. We'll talk about this later." Bucky says.

He handed her his jacket and they went back to their job. After it was over Y/N sat down on the Quinjet as Bucky watched her.

He then decided it was time to know the truth. He sat beside her and put his arm around her shoulder and she leaned her head onto his chest.

"People didnt like me. They said I was worthless and not worth anything. So I started cutting and it went on for years. Then one day I got an opportunity with SHIELD and I took it. I worked really hard and Nick thought I would make a good asset to the team. They all know and they treated me as if I was still broken. Then you treat me like a human like Im not a broken shell of my former self. Now I know you didnt know the truth and I guess this changes everything." Y/N says.

"It changes nothing. If and when you feel this way just talk to me. I wont make you." Bucky says.

"Thanks." Y/N says.

She snuggled into his chest and he just held her close.  This was a safe place for the both of them.

I hope you liked it.